Springfield armory ultra compact 3.5 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by lonestarsun, Apr 9, 2013.

1. lonestarsun

lonestarsun New Member

Hey everyone I am about to pull the trigger (pardon the pun) on a fobus roto holster left hand from amazon.com and wanted more info from people you have had or have one for their 1911 any info u have would be awesome

2. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have not used the holster you listed. I am a lefty too. I do use a Blackhawk serpa for my 5 inch 1911. I use it to compete in IDPA. It works great for me. Not sure if it comes in a 3 1/2 inch. How do you like that Springfield?

3. lonestarsun

lonestarsun New Member

I absolutely love it I traded a flock 27 for it awhile back and am haven't thought twice it was a backup weapon for a Houston police officer and man it's still the best thing I've ever fired next to the browning .50 I used in the marine corps but I tried on a Blackhawk serpa with a paddle today and they are rated for any length barrel but it was way to hard to get it to click into place and then pull out after I pressed the button but I also don't like the active retention I think I'd rather the passiveness of the fobus I mean it's 32 bucks with free two day shipping with amazon prime sound like a deal to you? I dunno guess I am chicken lol

4. Squawk

Squawk New Member

I will buy anything firearms related for $32 if I'm even a slight bit interested. Pull the trigger.

5. lonestarsun

lonestarsun New Member

And that's what I was thinking too it isn't like I can't return it right? God I'm such a p*$$y when It comes a simple decision like a holster I'm clutch most other times but no mister big man can't make up his freaking mind lol thanks man

6. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

A box full of unused $32 accessories gets expensive:p

7. lonestarsun

lonestarsun New Member

True but he probably sells them again if he doesn't like them or returns them