Springfield .45 ACP XD

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by BigMac10, Aug 2, 2007.

1. BigMac10

BigMac10 New Member

Does anyone have any experience with Springfield's .45ACP version of the XD? Is it reliable, how does it shoot?

2. FALPhil

FALPhil New Member

Head Shot and I ran a test on the XD and the S&W M&P. The XD came out on top in every category except ergonomics, and that was close. Accuracy was particularly interesting. The M&P was all over the target. The XD gave tight groups.

3. Captain Skippy

Captain Skippy New Member

Xd-45

I have numerous .45's including Colts, Kimber, Springfield, S&W, KHAR, GLOCK, even an old AMT 45 Backup. I am also a police officer and firearms instructor. This is not to toot my horn but to let you know i have a lot of experience with weapons. i recently bought the XD-45 full size. To be honest, it's a fugly gun, but it darn sure shoots. I had it out at our range last week for the first full wringing out. We had a full day of SRT training and I left the Glock 37 in the vehicle and used the XD. The accuracy is incredible as long as you do your part. The trigger is a little longer than I like, but once you get used to it and reset it properly, the darn thing is dead on. It is more dependabe than my Kimber Warrior and sout shoots about anything I own. If we hadn't just gone with the G37's for our SRT, i would surely have wanted the XD in my holster. And 14 real .45 ACP rounds in the size of a 1911 grip is always a plus. The only thing I might suggest is to look at the compact vs. the full size. The compact comes with extended mags that makes it a full size.

Shoot safe and often

4. Dark Knight

Dark Knight New Member

I am a HK guy...I have had/have still HK USP 45's , HK Tactical's...HK P7's......I have been reading about the XD's....Now I have had a few Glocks..Didnt like the NO supported barrel idea again alla HK...Sooooo I shot a XD Service ..Loved it...Matter a fact loved it so much I bought a compact 45 XD and put my HK P7 M-13 in the safe...I am starting a Company Like Lone Wolf Distibutors but Supporting the XD.......Big launch soon...I really loved that XD 45 THAT MUCH:D

Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  5. River Bend

River Bend New Member

It rocks

I had been shooting IPSC with a Glock 21 for several years and then, along came the XD 45 Tactical, it now attends the IPSC matches all the time. It is less recoil, faster for point shooting at close targets and with the +3 magazine extensions from Arrendo, that makes a handfull (17) rounds of high velocity medicine balls going downrange.
    Accuracy is just as good as Glock, which is about as good as a handgun gets.
    The Tactical model XD 45,in Dark earth, is orgazmic.:eek:

6. 7896

7896 New Member

XD45c love mine. only 600 rounds so far. The gun shoot great right out of the box and sights are good at low light

7. Defender

Defender New Member

The XD "ain't no joke"!

The Springfield XD has really taken a big bite out of Glock's market dominance in the double action semi-auto market, ever since they introduced the "Croatian Sensation".

8. pl73123

pl73123 New Member

that is true. i own 2 xd service pistols. 9mm and 45acp. i have never been a plastic man before. i always owned all metal handguns. and never liked the hk or glocks. but as soon as i picked up the xd i was like whoaaaa. then i shot it and liked it soo much that i bought 2. one right after the other. legally ofcourse. never looked back. but 14 rounds of 45 acp is fan freakin tastic

9. sniperranger93

sniperranger93 New Member

I have an XD45 and love it. I have several handguns, Glock, S&W, Ect. I was very impressed with the XD. I like the 45 round but also like hi-cap so when XD came out with a 13+1 45 i had to get it. great gun. shoots great and the recoil is not bad at all. Hard to carry concealed because of size and the weight is kinda heavy. good combat weapon.

10. Dirk

Dirk New Member

Love my XD .45. :D
    I've owned 2 of the service models, one compact and 1 tactical- all in .45.

In 9mm, I currently own a tactical model and have had the sub compact too.

The .45 service model is my favorite of them all. I carry one daily and it's actually very comfortable in a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB holster.

I'm getting ready to order another custom XD from Springer Precision.
    It'll be finished like this:
    [​IMG]
    It'll be getting his combat/carry trigger work, extended mag release, Dawson Fiber Optic sights and more.
    I'm also having him do the snakeskin grip finish, like this:
    [​IMG]

11. GhostWolf7017

GhostWolf7017 New Member

I have the XD45C Tactical. I love it. Before choosing I went to the range and tested glocks, S&Ws in several different calibers and went with the XD. It felt better in my hands.

12. Tinker

Tinker New Member

ohhhhhh thats sexy right there she is:D

13. GunnBugg

GunnBugg New Member

Problem

Dirk, you may have a problem. When you wet your pistol like a t-shirt clad coed for a shot, there might be issues! LOL

Super looking guns! I have a Springer bar and spring set in my XD 9 and it is Sweet! Truly puts the E in ESP for IDPA.
    I have a Canyon Creek Trigger Spring Set (pistolgear.com) in my XD 40. Great for carry and the bed side.
    I am gonna put a Powder River Precision striker safety set in my XD 45 Tactical. Look forward to how that works!

The good news is that FINALLY there are a lot of great aftermarket parts out there for the XD!!!

Oh, and back to the question. Who cares what the caliber is, there all good!

14. Dirk

Dirk New Member

Yep.
    I just picked up a 9mm Bi-Tone XD service model tonite.

My kid can shoot IDPA with that. I'll have to send it off to Springer next too.
    May have to shoot that gun some myself...

15. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I talk to a lot people each week in the shop and I can't remember running into anyone that had anything negative to say about the weapon to be honest. A lot of people are buying them as a carry piece, and now with the frame mounted positive On/Off safety, I think they are really a good choice. I still prefer my 1911's - but Springfield is actually putting out a decent product in the XD platform.

D

16. Chortdraw

Chortdraw New Member

Dirk...I just did the same thing today. Same gun. Chomping at the bit to try it!!!!! It sure feels comfortable to hold on target while pulling the trigger.
    Tell me how you like it when you get a chance to shoot it. :D

17. Dirk

Dirk New Member

Well, I picked it up last night, and then I went to drop off a couple of barrels to be polished. I figured I might as well do that one too.
    It'll be next week before I get the barrel back now.

I've got a 9mm Tactical (for sale now that I got this bi-tone) and it shoots SO NICE. I know the service will be sweet too.

18. Chortdraw

Chortdraw New Member

Checked out the web site. The barrels look like chrome. I take it you have done this to your Tact. gun? It there a real noticeable difference like they say? Now with my Ruger on the recall list I can still have fun. I am really impressed with the trigger pull.

19. Dirk

Dirk New Member

Nope. The XD 9mm Tactical is all stock.
    I sure would've done the barrel in it too, if I were keeping it.
    All my barrels & feedramps get the polish treatment.

There is a very noticable difference in how smooth the action of the gun is after polishing the barrel. (and guide rod if one piece)

I have several other guns with polished barrels, and will polish the next one I'm building too...

20. Chortdraw

Chortdraw New Member

Thanks for the infor. Dirk. I will consider having this done after I get to shoot this gun. Going to try it out today if possible. :)