Firearms Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
139 Posts
Cite your sources please.
I own a Springfield 1911 automatic jamming machine. Charles Darwin, in "The Origin of Species 2 - Hot Australian Spring Break Chicks" was examining a piece of platypus dung and wrote, "Sometime in the late 20th to early 21st century, a company will manufacture a pistol that jams often. I expect it will be quite similar to this dung I hold in my hand. Does anyone have a towel?"

· Banned
139 Posts
Seeing as how the original question was what do people think of or what is the value of a Springfield 1911 A1, it struck me that the opinion of someone who actually owns one might be relevant. Then, another person asked me the basis of my opinion.

However, I am well and truly rebuked by a Texas Hillbilly. I never would have thought of the idea of spending more money or learning gunsmithing in the hope it would fix the problem. Thank you for straightening me out. Say "hi" to your wife / sister / aunt for me. :D

· Banned
139 Posts
Perhaps it was the description of being "Lazy assed" and "*****ing" about my inflated expectations. I know, I know . . . I just should have dropped everything and learned gunsmithing. I'm so damn lazy. Feel free to start the "Help 741512th Get His Crappy Gun Fixed Because He Is Too Lazy To Learn Gunsmithing" fund.

In my opinion, ANY gun you have to take to a gunsmith right out of the box to make it work right is a piece of platypus dung. I don't care if it is the $500 dollar version or the $2000 version. Would you recommend any other product on earth that requires repair on the first day in order to make it work as advertised?

There must have been a couple of people who bought a Dodge Aries K for whom it worked like a charm. They are the K Car Groupies and they meet in a very small room. It doesn't mean the car model as a whole wasn't a piece of crap. Even a blind pig finds an acorn now and again.

The simple fact remains that in my personal experience, 100% of the Springfield 1911 A1 that I have owned and fired have been disappointing. That was the question he asked. If four other people say they like them, then the outside observer might conclude that 80% of the customers are satisfied. I was not in a position to give the originator of the thread your opinion of the SA 1911. I could only give him mine.

· Banned
139 Posts
I do no[t] know where some people have the nerve to cut down the Springfield pistol ,I have a 1911A1 loaded in 9mm with a thousand rounds through it with no problems.So get off the Springfield.
I surprised myself. I spent many sleepless nights lying awake asking myself, "Do I dare? Do I dare?" Finally, I worked up the courage to accurately report that my Springfield experiences frequent feed jams. Even though I experienced the heart-pounding rush of fear / excitement akin to facing a charging elephant, in the end I don't regret taking the chance. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.