Springer trigger options

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by haycreek, Feb 8, 2008.

1. haycreek

haycreek New Member

I have a XD 40 ready for a trigger job, a new combat/carry tigger job "without the adjustable overtravel screw" is availible now for $150.00, Trigger pill is 4 to 5 pounds, have you tried it. I appreciate any comments. Work will be done at Springer Precision.

2. SimonTuffGuy

SimonTuffGuy New Member

Everything I've heard about Springer is great!

I ordered the sear kit for my XD9 Service and had a local gunsmith install the parts. Trigger pull was great! I didn't carry it though, since the trigger was modified (if I ever had to shoot someone, I wouldn't want them to come back and say I had a hair trigger installed, etc.)

3. SteveK

SteveK New Member

I have the Powderriverprecision trigger installed on my 40. Did it myself, pretty easy and it didn't cost the $150. either. You do need to have a very good understanding of how to take them apart and put them back together again. Take a look at youtube and type in 123powderriver, there are some videos of how to do triggers.

4. skulcak

skulcak New Member

I have an XDM40 and wanted to improve the trigger and it’s over travel. A friend of mine wanted to the same thing. We could not decide between the Powder River and the Springer precision. so I got the Springer and he got the powder. We both bought everything each had for trigger improvement. We to the range after installation and after 500 rounds in each gun, my friend decided he like mine better and asked me to do the same for his. I would highly recommend the Springer kit and transfer bar, takes a little work to put it all in but it’s well worth it

5. Thadeuce

Thadeuce New Member

What does the Springer Kit modify? Pull weight? Overtravel? Reset? I just got an XDm 9 and would really like to sweeten the trigger a bit. Don't need it very light. I would like a bit less take up and overtravel but would rather shorten the reset.

6. Thadeuce

Thadeuce New Member

Anyone have any idea?