Springer TGO

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by NGIB, Dec 10, 2009.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Along with my BUGs (practice for Monday's IDPA shoot), I packed up the TGO I got recently. Of course I broke it down and made sure it was clean and well oiled before the trip. After some frustrating times with the BUGs, the only one I shot well was the PPK, I hauled out the Springer.

I did my "pin shoot drill" using 2 smaller targets hung on the same hanger at 10 yards. What I do is come up from a low hold, fire at center mass, drop down and repeat on the other target. I fire quite rapidly, averaging about 1 second per shot or so. The gun performed flawlessly and I kept the groups on both targets about softball size at POA. I put 100 rounds thru it and I'm very happy with this one.

If I have any complaint at all, the front strap checkering is a tad aggressive and it came with slim grips & bushings. For the next trip, I'm going to change out the grips to a set of Pachmayr wrap-arounds like I have on the long slide.

One of these days I'll actually remember to take some pix of the targets - but here's a pic of the gun...

[​IMG]

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That sounds like pretty darn good shooting and a very nice pistol.