Spring is Here in Tennessee

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Sniper03, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Spring is here! With the Daffodils Blooming and the Red Bud Trees Budding and Trumpet Vine Flowers Blooming in the Evergreen Tree!
    daffodil-3254960__480.jpg
    Flag Spring #2.JPG Flag Spring.JPG
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  2. sheepdawg

sheepdawg Well-Known Member Supporter

In this part of Tennessee you can tell it's spring by the ghetto cruisers with their windows and tops down ghetto cruiser4.jpeg .

ghetto cruiser.jpeg

boatme98, ellis36 and Sniper03 like this.

3. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

while others look for robins bob-bob-bobbing around for a sign of spring, in NE Ohio we know when spring is here, the buzzards (turkey vultures) come back to roost in Hinckley, Ohio (about 20 mi south of me) ...…….of course with this panic-demic they cancelled people from gathering to watch this awesome event, :(

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    boatme98 likes this.
  4. Sniper03

Sherman,

Learned something new today that had never crossed my mind before.
    That being Buzzards Migrate! Being originally from Indiana as I read your comment it suddenly dawned on me I never did see a Buzzard in Indiana in the Winter! Amazing but never thought about it. Of course living in Tennessee for years now where my family is originally from. We have tons of them year-round! And have plenty we could share! So if you need some more in Ohio we could sure send a few your way!:p
    But you are right this Coronavirus COVID 19 has everything scr**** up!
    Unfortunately, I do not think we have seen the worst of it yet. And IMO beginning to think with the whole World having it and especially in the USA I do not think it came about by mistake! Only my opinion! What is your take?

5. boatme98

boatme98 Well-Known Member

Those 2 days of sun really helped push the new leaves and flowers!
    This morning, just at daybreak, I was looking at the big oaks in my yard. They're always the last to leaf out, and I could just make out tiny leaf sprouts. By 13:00 I could actually see very small leaves. They're actually sprouting fast enough to see a difference during a day!

Sniper03 and ellis36 like this.
  6. Sniper03

Yes Spring is a great time here in Tennessee!
    Fish are biting! The Beer is Good and Cold! And Bill my buddy has a New Friend!
    It stayed with and around us for best part of a whole minute flying around and landing. Twice on Bill! I guess maybe the Butterfly wanted a sip!:p
    BILL 7 BUTTERFLY.JPG

Rifling82, ellis36 and boatme98 like this.
  7. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

if I didn't grow up around here I wouldn't know they migrated either. I didn't know where they migrated to, always thought they went down south, Fl, Ga etc...
    wasn't until I was deployed to Gitmo bay, cuba in Jan 95 for OPERATION SEA SIGNAL that is when I found were they hang out, in the early morning before it got hot the beaches around gitmo were literally packed with thousands of them, all waiting for the hot whether so they could take off to and catch the thermals to glide.

winter in cuba is 95 degree, much more hotter the ga. or fl.

Sniper03 and ellis36 like this.