Spray painting furniture.

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by Zacsquatch, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Zacsquatch

Zacsquatch New Member

I really like the way the OD green Sig 522's look... And I want to do it to mine. I have that Krylon OD matte spray paint and I want to find out the right way to do it... Should I bake it afterwards, low temp (100-125?) Should I use something else? Will it ruin my oven, haha.

Just want to know if theres any tips and tricks, thanks guys.

2. rodent.22

rodent.22 New Member

Krylon works well....

Hiya Z- I just shot my Colt .22 a week ago with the Krylon Fusion OD Green from Wallyworld. Remove what you can, clean well with thinner and shoot. I put 2 light to medium coats on and dried between coats with a hair dryer on high....Then I finished off with a full coat, not too wet and hit it with the hair dryer. The arm can be reassembled CAREFULLY after a couple of hours, and full chip-resistance comes after a full 7 days cure time. I've handled mine every night for the last week, including carrying it to work in a gun case, no wear or chipping. This Krylon Fusion works very well. Also did my buddies Armalite in desert tan...:D

Attached Files:

3. rodent.22

rodent.22 New Member

4. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

Does it matter? Guns are WAY WAY more important :D