Spouse & PPK

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by NGIB, Sep 22, 2009.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I got my wife a Walther PPK for Mom's Day as I thought she'd like the looks and be willing to keep it around her instead of her beloved Walther P22.

Anyway, she drove down from SC yesterday to watch my pin match and I made sure she had the PPK with her. Spent about a half hour with her before the pin shoot helping her get accustomed to the gun and how it shoots. For any of y'all that haven't fired a fixed barrel .380 - they're pretty snappy in the recoil department.

Set the target a 5 yards and loaded 5 in the mag. 3 of the first 5 were about 6 inches left of center but patterned well. The other 2 were in the black. Worked with her a bit more on stance and sight alignment (and grip) and then she proceeded to shoot the remaining 45 rounds. I was very pleased that she kept everything in about a 6 inch circle at roughly COM. Tried to get a picture of the target but I think she knew I'd post it up and didn't want me to.

While she isn't totally comfortable yet with the snappy recoil, I think great progress was made yesterday...

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

3. orangello

orangello New Member

I hope she enjoys her new pistol.

I must admit that until i saw this & did a quick search, i thought the PPK was only made in Europe. :eek:

4. NGIB

NGIB New Member

She actually has an Interarms PPK/S with the slightly longer grip and I have an older blued PPK. Great little guns but they're just a tad to big for pocket carry. In the summer I carry mine quite often...

5. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Good job, NGIB. Next time, while she is shooting, get a pic of her and the pistol. Ladies make the prettiest smiles when they are shooting. It has to do with the empowerment, I think. It's a glow smile. That's hot! :D

6. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

I've had one made by FEG (imported by Interarms) since the mid-90's. It's accurate and never jams with Speer GDHP ammo. I tried Hornady XTP bullets once and they jammed - truncated cone bullets hang-up on the feed ramp. It's a pleasure to carry.

7. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Hugely funny (and the reason I think pix were a no no) was that spouse was wearing a frilly low cut tank top. I suggested she toss on a t-shirt (store sells them) and she looked at me coldly and says - not happening.

About 25 rounds into the shooting session, a piece of hot brass heads where all pieces of hot brass head - down the front of said tank top. Being the quality husband that I am - I suppressed laughter until I went out for a smoke...

8. Jess

Jess New Member

well at least you had nice manners LOL

I'm glad she liked her new pistol! my .380 is...well snappy is a good word for it, a 9mm is more punchy in my very humble opinion

9. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

Well done, NGIB. The .380 PPK is a huge improvement over the .22 P22! I love the design, it's definitely on my wish list.

10. Trooper7687

Trooper7687 New Member

Ppk

Got a PPK in 9mm k as my covert carry, good gun easy to tuck out of the way, this ones a 1972 ex police vintage german original issiued to the RUC

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

my wife did that a few years back she doesnt show her cleavage at the range anymore after a smoking hot piece of 50AE brass lodged in there. im sure there is a full frontal somewhere on the range security tapes...