spotlighting deer during hunting season

Discussion in 'New Hampshire Gun Forum' started by Mack Bolan, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

is that legal in new hampshire, I know some states allow it under certain conditions...

2. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

Might be but very unethical and lazy.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

Some states have laws against harassing wildlife, Alabama is one such state. Things can get fuzzy on private property with a feral hog problem.

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Ummm............ none of us will be sitting beside you in the jail cell, and our Bail Fund is really low right now. Could I suggest that the prudent course of action would be to check with your State Game Commission?

Here in VA, it is illegal to "cast a light" off of the road on property you do not own, even without a gun. Exception for those with a "damage" permit (commercial farming) which allows you to take deer at any time, any means.

5. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

I was only asking for the sake of knowing and getting a quick answer from someone on the forum that may have known. I did look it up and it sounds like in NH it is legal before 11pm without a gun in the car but not during the hunting season. I also asked because recently during this last couple weeks of deer season while walking the dog in our backyard I noticed a truck going by spotlighting our property and the neighboring properties as we have deer passing through on a regular basis, not many though, only about 5-6 at the most at one time.

I myself, consider it a pretty cowardly and lazy method as well for animals like deer, not a nuisance herd boar roaming around, then I would probably call it something like a "more efficient" method.