Sportsmans Guide love?

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by BeyondTheBox, Sep 27, 2012.

1. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Any of you use The Sportsmans Guide for your firearm accessories, ammo, or gear? I definitely steer clear of their noname ammo, but I love their cases, ammo cans, harnesses and holsters. Have seen scopes and all sorts of other things available also.

2. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

I buy a lot of ammo from sportsmansguide but not much else. They have good prices but there are no bargains.

3. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

every now and then i buy things from them. look @ the reviews first though. everything that i've purchased from them, and cheaper than dirt, has been really good purchases.

4. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Get most of my stuff off of eBay.

5. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Really, I've not gotten to the point that I trust ammo other than store bought standard winchester or remington.

6. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Always!!! I've purchased some jackets from them before also, so far nothing but good stuff to say.

7. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

:D Online ammo is great!!!

8. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Any brands I should look for specifically? I dont mind store prices, about $13 a box for 9mm and $19 for 45acp, but am always down for a deal.

9. treehugger49

treehugger49 New Member

I am a Sportsman's Guide "Club" member, which gives me an additional 10% off most items, 5% on ammo, and I highly recommend their products on name brand items and ammunition.

I time my purchases to qualify for free shipping, and with no sales tax, their prices usually beat anything else I can find.

They do promote a lot of cheap, Chinese junk, though, so buyer beware!

10. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

I too am a club member, but don't have the patience to wait for free shipping. Lol

11. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

I'm a club member also. Not everything is the best quality so you do have to look at reviews and shop carefully but I've been buying from them for over 10 years and have yet to send anything back. Probably the best buy I've gotten are their 511 pants. These things are very well made, have padded knees, heavy material and tons of roomy pockets. I forget exactly what I paid but it was around $25 per pair. I'd say they were a good buy at twice that price. All in all, good stuff at decent prices

12. TWMIM

TWMIM New Member

More than once I've attempted to purchase 5 or 6 items online, went to checkout, and found all but one out of stock.

13. fireguy

fireguy New Member

I gave up on them for a while for just that same experience. The ammo with good prices was back ordered all the time and I let my buyer's club expire.

I have bought a good amount ot Guide Gear labled stuff that has pretty good. I was offered a free club membership a while back and have one again, I'll probably just buy some things before it expires and not pay for a renewal.

14. bearrwe

bearrwe New Member

I'm a club member too, I've had really good luck with everything but size on some surplus clothes. They took the returns no questions asked.

15. JonM

JonM Moderator

i usually shop our vendor list here on ftf. i can usually get a deal on what i want before i have to look elsewhere

16. fupuk

fupuk New Member

I have bought ammo from them once. It was a great deal and shipping was on time. I always look at there website and i get there magazine. Deals are out there from the sportsmans guide you just have to time it right to get free shipping..

17. fuldagapflieger

fuldagapflieger New Member

If you have AAFES privileges, access from AAFES ONLINE to get the same SG member pricing.

18. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

I have had good dealings with them.

19. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

I do buy a lot of stuff from SG but I never joined their club. The full 10% discount is seldom applied to everything, In the rules it says 10% across the board. I do always have a $10 coupon. I spent $100 there yesterday. But I will never join the savings club. If SG didn't have such good service I wouldn't shop there at all. If you promise 10% disciounts then everything should be discounted.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  20. drboompa

drboompa New Member

Am a member as well. I do make a few purchases from time to time. I bought some 7.7mm Jap ammo just for the brass. Haven't shot it yet. I have also purchased slings, accessories, etc. Nothing high dollar.