Sportsman's Guide - I'm Impressed

Discussion in 'Company Review Forum' started by ninjatoth, Aug 6, 2014.

1. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

I just ordered a 25 rnd box of Remington Golden Saber 125gr .357 magnums from them, price was $19.99(as where I see those around $30 elsewhere), shipping was $8(as where shipping was around $16 elsewhere)...and I got my order in just over 48 hours after clicking "complete order", and not to mention the two $10 off coupons for my next $99+ order I make in the future, and the 2 color catalogs they sent with my order. I am pleased with this company and will definitely do business with them again.

2. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

ninjatoth - Join the member's Club, you'll save your membership fee 10 times over thru the year.

3. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

My members club has not been the value that it has been in years past. The sportsmans guide used to be my exclusive source for ammo. Now ammunition depot and sgsales are my main sources of ammo. I shoot fiocchi ammo in my 357 mag. I get 50 rounds of HP or JSP ammo for $22. A goblin will not see the brand and I know deer cannot read. Fiocchi is hot ammo and their bullets stay together.

4. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Sportsman's Guide used to be a dang good catalog company. There was a time when they sold a lot of surplus stuff for really good prices. Now they sell shoes, lots and lots of shoes.........

5. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I buy shoes from them. :D

6. JCS53

JCS53 That looks like it hurt Lifetime Supporter

I buy everything from AMMO to Clothes to Deerstands..Never had a single issue..Very good company IMO...

7. Biohazard2

Biohazard2 Active Member

They were the worst of the worst when the ammo gouging started.
    I'm done buying from them.

8. JCS53

JCS53 That looks like it hurt Lifetime Supporter

Yea..I guess I should be more specific. I get my bulk Ammo from Freedom most of the time But I have several hard to find big calibers and they have been very fair priced and I can usually get what I need....Although I agree they did some price gouging at first....

9. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

That trophy went to Cheaper Than Dirt.

10. tinbucket

tinbucket Well-Known Member

That's the way it goes. A company anywhere is doing great and has a lot of repeat Customers. Somebody sees it from India or wall street and says we can easily buy it and maximize profits by buying Chinese or discount and sell it at established or higher prices. They market the brand this way until the repeat Customers go elsewhere, or continue to buy crap. they drive the brand into the ground. And when anti American zealots get the brand they start gouging on ammo and gun supplies. Where do the repeat or other Customers go since they have bought all the brands?

11. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

Ever since that incident, I have never bought something from CTD, and never will. Their PMAG prices also shot up to $30+

Ashamed to see a company use a buying scare as an opportunity to make money.

12. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

I've purchased items from Sportsman's Guide for many years. Some of their stuff is a great deal,other stuff can be found elsewhere at cheaper prices.
    It's always good to shop around before you buy from any vendor.

13. rifleman1

rifleman1 Active Member

i buy alot of camo and boots from sportsmans guide i like that they always have great deals on surplus stuff.
    when i was shooting compound bows i bought all my targets from them too cheaper then anyone else at the time too.

14. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

Just an update on that ammo I bought too, that Golden Saber .357 mag shoots great in my Sp101 snubby, some of the most accurate ammo I have fired in it.

15. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

I buy the bulk stuff from them. A few other items. I joined the club, saved on some Ammo, and a few vests,...a few of the holsters are worth the $...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

16. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

I used to get all my best stuff from there... A WWII Swedish monocular for like $30 (Seen one like it a couple of years ago for about $200), Got my 1942 Mosin PU scope for $150, and bought a pack of 15 1960's British bandoleers for $15 and ended up getting like $30 each for them off Ebay!! :D

17. DrFootball

They have a good selection of packs and Bags,...

18. remi123

remi123 New Member

Yes I am a member and they the sportsman guide have changed and you hit the nail on the head!:(

19. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

They have a large inventory and decent prices, but they are heavy spammers. You have to opt out at least twice.

20. DrFootball

And some of the Boots are priced better then lots of other places. For walking/sport sneakers I have a an outlet here, but for good boots it's either My Big 5 or SG,...I got a pair of Danner in Wide, and a pr. Of Irish Setter's which are holding up well. I also have a western outlet here in town, and most of the time if I bring then a catalog price on something they have they will usually match it.