Sportsman Outdoor Superstore....So far so bad.

Discussion in 'Company Review Forum' started by p35bhp55, Jan 6, 2018.

1. p35bhp55

p35bhp55 Member

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/ <These guys.
    On Dec. 29 2017 I ordered 1200 rounds of Hornady TAP rounds advertised as police trade ins. My first inkling this wasn't going to go well came when my phone beeped and had a $1.01 pending charge from this company. Tried to call them but no answer and as of today no call back. Several days later The amt. of the sale was posted to my card and I got a FedEx tracker, still no explanation for the 1 dollar charge. Then my purchase really went bad, the tracker stated they needed a direct signature from me to the driver, I was not informed of this and it is impossible for this to happen at my address. I called FedEx and asked to have the package held at the hub and I would bring ID and sign. I was told the Shipper would have to make that happen because they had chosen the delivery option. Called, used the msg. block on their site and went on their FB page and posted, no response. Now they have my $800.00 and the ammo is on its way back to them, I have a case number from FedEx and will wait till they have it back to go to my bank and see about getting them charged back. I will post here again if I ever hear from them but as of now my advice would be go somewhere else.

Fred_G and SRK97 like this.
  2. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

The dollar charge was to verify that the account was valid, before reserving the ammo to send to you. I bet if you read the terms of sale, it would have explained the signature policy. The signature policy is not unusual as the seller doesn't want the ammo received by children who may not have any business with it. Blame it on the company, blame it on the lawyers, blame it on Fed Ex, but as Jimmy Buffet eventually admitted, "It's my own damn fault."

Imurhuckleberry likes this.

3. Fred_G

Fred_G Active Member

It may very well have been in the 'paperwork', but the company not communicating with a customer would prevent me from buying from them.

p35bhp55 and MisterMcCool like this.
  4. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member

Get the credit card folks involved, call them and discuss your options.

MisterMcCool likes this.
  5. p35bhp55

p35bhp55 Member

I'll give you the reason for the dollar charge but as far as the rest, go to the site and read the shipping yourself, just like I did before you show up talking like you have a clue. I've been doing this since before I had the internet, in the 90s back when it was all phones and have never had a problem like this. There were boxes on the left side of the form where the receiver could request shipping options which I left blank, also when I called FedEx they were very clear about who put the restrictions on my package. Do I need to post the order confirmation which also gave no info on any restrictions?

6. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Not for me you don't.

7. p35bhp55

p35bhp55 Member

Ok, this is how it's ends, got a call Monday morning and we settled I needed the restrictions changed and I would pick the box up at the hub. Checked the tracker and darned if they hadn't put it on a truck to Hickory Ridge again even after I had called and been assigned a case number, got that fixed and picked it up. Now the good part, the ammo was not only new it was in the original 200 round cases sealed from Hornady, perfect shiny boxes full of perfect shiny rounds. I will just remember to do this by phone and make sure it gets sent picture I.D. required to the hub 5 minutes from my work. It was worth the hassle.

MisterMcCool and Imurhuckleberry like this.
  8. Fred_G

Fred_G Active Member

Awesome, glad it worked out for you!

silverbullet6oh and MisterMcCool like this.
  9. RJF22553

RJF22553 Well-Known Member

I love happy endings!

Have only purchased as few bulk ammo orders. Never a problem.

silverbullet6oh and MisterMcCool like this.