Sporting Shotgun Subforum

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by Blueguns, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

The shotgun forum is really crowded with Mossy 500 vs. Rem 870 for HD threads. There is a lot of threads about home defense/SHTF shotguns that fill it up.

I think it would be cool to have a sporting and field shotgun sub-forum. This would basically include all long barreled shotguns for trap, skeet, sporting clays, and hunting.

What do you think?

EDIT : A better name would be Field & Target Shotguns.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  2. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

The problem that I see with that is it somehow differentiates a 'sporting arm' from the 'tactical' type.

Lending a bit of the illusion that some are more suited for firefights and the battlefield. If we start there we may as well have a 'sporting arm' section and an 'assault weapon' section

3. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

I had that thought when I started the thread. I wanted to call it a Field shotgun forum, but that only encompasses hunting. Maybe call it Field and Target forum?

The general rifle forum has an auto section for AKs SKSs ARs etc. I am looking to start something similar.

4. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I like the field and target idea, I agree that there are too many 870 vs 500 threads

5. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

ya got my vote

6. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member Sponsor

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  7. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator

Anyone else see the need for this division?

MY problem is with how it's defined, but we can add stickies and move threads no problem.

8. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member Sponsor

clay shooting sports?
    why not just sticky the existing skeet/trap thread up?

9. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

I wasn't really all that clear in my first post, I rushed it a bit.

The idea is a shotgun sub forum called "Field & Target Shotguns". A place for threads like bobski's Skeet & Trap thread. And a place to discuss shotguns for hunting, trap, skeet, and sporting clays.

This is just an idea I had, maybe let it linger a little longer, see if more people feel need.

10. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

I feel this is a reasonable request as there are already sub-forums.

For instance, if you go to the "Auto & Semi-Auto" thread, there are sub forum links to AR-15, AK, FAL, and Mini-14 discussion forums.

Why not have a shotgun forum with subsections for their actions? Pumps, Autos/semis, Break action, bolt/lever???

11. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

lets skip all the crap! a forum about shotguns for shooting flying and running targets, game, and foul. not junking them up to look like a swiss army knife and expecting others to believe you still shoot 100 strt from the 27 yd line. just mho