Sporting Clay's day

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by deg, Oct 24, 2014.

1. deg

deg Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Well folks, I better hang up now - the good folks at the Clay's Ranch is 'specitng pretty soon. Shoot'n, food, and prized to be had ya know....:cool:

2. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

Let the lead fly - I love sporting clays but it can be very frustrating. A gent on my skeet team is one hell of a shooter and he shot approx 50% at another clubs event.

The designers can be very tricky and the birds will come at any & all angles. Or as one bud put it, by the time you figure out the lead, your off to the next station.

Good luck ! :p

3. deg

deg Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Shot 72 out of 100 - about right for me. I am no superstar but I sure enjoy it. One station was a pair of rabbits, normally I do ok with them rascally rabbits, but these were moving at a pretty good pace and they were quartering away; it was like hitting a sliver. I didn't do so well on that station, lost 7 out of 8 on that station alone :( :eek:

4. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

Congratulations ! Almost 75% is very good for sporting clays. Sometimes I wonder about the folks who always shoot 99% ...:p because I sure don't seem them on the shooting line.

Even division one shooters miss every now n then. I get the feeling a lot of posters shoot like I play golf...(Whole lotta Mulligans ! ) :p