Sporting Clay...

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by Junior966, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Junior966

Junior966 New Member

Looking for a left hand friendly over under...Prefer not to spend more then a grand but not a deal breaker...Leaning towards a .20 guage youth for my short stubby arms , they just seem more natural to bring on target smoothly.

2. racingfanatic

racingfanatic New Member

my buddy just bought a mossberg silver series o/u at walmart for 490 his was a 12 but i know u can get them in 20 it shot great real smooth to swing you could also look for a used ruger red label or browning i own the ruger and it is a great shooter I personally prefer autos tho

3. cmhill

cmhill New Member

havent dealt much with the silver reserve series from mossberg recently but i do know they had some issues with constantly breaking firing pins as well as the gun firing when on safety, if you look around you should be able to find a decent used beretta or browning 0/U around 1,000.00

4. racingfanatic

racingfanatic New Member

Yeah im partial to brownings just love the feel and finish

5. Junior966

Junior966 New Member

So I picked up a Beretta 686 O/U today , very happy with my decision.

6. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

best of luck! started shooting clays with a 686E shooting 687L now in 12 and 20 great guns . mossys are ok, but you get what you pay for if you buy smart. just replaced my .410 500E with a rem 1100 picked up 10 birds a round. have fun!!!

7. BullseyePrecision

BullseyePrecision New Member

Thats what I have at the moment

8. Slugo

Slugo New Member

I'm a Browning guy, but the 686 series Beretta is one of the best guns on the market... ;)

9. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

looking hard at the new browning 725 sporter .feels good but i need another gun like i need more roids

10. Slugo

Slugo New Member

hahahahahahaha!! more roids... ;)

11. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

aw man. Best of luck to you with this sport...I'll shoot it until I die (It has got me the $ to go through school and compete collegiately) and if you can shoot sporting well...you can shoot it all!

12. BullseyePrecision

BullseyePrecision New Member

What state you in I shoot in ks mostly, ok, mo some

13. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

fl,al,and ms my self.best clubs?