·
Registered
78 Posts
Can it stop armor-piercing .50 BMG?

·
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From the video they used Barrett .50 Caliber; but, the ammunition was ball ammo.

I would like to see if it would withstand AP ammo. Comments are asking the same question's on using AP and not just 1 or 2 rounds. Let's see 10 plus and put it thru some serious OT&E (Operational Test & Evaluation).

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
Let's get serious here guys. Ap or not a .50 cal hit to your plate is gonna put you on your a$$ and out of the fight regardless. No need to test even the second shot.
Very impressive armor. I want a sample and info in total weight in vest based on armor levels.

·
Banned
14,919 Posts
Let's get serious here guys. Ap or not a .50 cal hit to your plate is gonna put you on your a$$ and out of the fight regardless. No need to test even the second shot.
Very impressive armor. I want a sample and info in total weight in vest based on armor levels.
Nowhere does it say that this is body armor. It looks to me to be for armored windows in vehicles and structures. You are correct though that any body armor that can stop a .50 BMG round will still gelatinize the occupant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts