Spike's tactical

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by WhiteJD4, Dec 15, 2011.

1. WhiteJD4

WhiteJD4 New Member

2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Never heard anything bad about a Spikes lower.

3. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Spikes makes a damn good product

4. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Good to go. You'll have no worries with the forged or billet

5. WhiteJD4

WhiteJD4 New Member

Good I have been eyeballing this lower

image-2580726218.jpg

6. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

I've got a Spikes rifle and for the money, they're hard to beat. I've never used the customer service, but I've heard it's top notch. I live close to their shop and know a couple of the guys that work their, they're real nice people there.

-Fred

7. WhiteJD4

WhiteJD4 New Member

Yeah on a lot of the other boards I have read they talk about how awesome they are but I figured I would ask it on here to see if anyone had anything on it.

8. MrWray

MrWray New Member

The spikes tactical is a good rifle, and stick with this forum...its the best one out there

9. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Agreed but there ARE a few on here lately that will/would disagree w us. Iv been on a few other forums also and thos is the one iv been on the longest and its mostly alot of good people on here. Spikes are very good products. After i get my war bird built im going to put together a 6.8 ar together for a friend using spike parts.

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  10. WhiteJD4

WhiteJD4 New Member

Anyone heard about the quality of Palmetto State Armory lowers and parts kit ?

11. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

They are among some of the best AR parts also.

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did

12. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

I've used a bunch, and help my friends build theirs with PSA lpks. Done 5+ builds with them. 2 issues

No fault of the lpk, Magpul Miad has an out of spec depth for the spring on the safety selector. Had to use a filler to effective extend the spring to provide enought tention.

One lpk was missing a couple peices. Call up PSA and they send them free, had it in my grubby hands in 4 days.

PSA has state all parts are made in the usa. They've said they use FN's supplier. They're GTG.

13. king1138

king1138 New Member

I just finished building my dad a PSA lower. I was quite impressed with the quality, and will buy from them in the future. We used an RRA LPK for the 2 stage trigger, but if their LPK is the same quality as the lower I'd have no qualms recommending it.

14. WhiteJD4

WhiteJD4 New Member

I guess I have figured out the lower between the spikes and other one now time for the upper.

15. will_reed

will_reed New Member

I was dead set on a PAS until I got an unreal deal on a used Colt. Besure to check them out, they have great prices and I can't find a bad review.

16. WhiteJD4

WhiteJD4 New Member

I'm gonna stick with spikes tactical lower I can't figure out which upper I want can't decided from all of them out there

17. jwsturr

jwsturr New Member

Spike's is a good choice. What are you going to be using the rifle for?

18. WhiteJD4

WhiteJD4 New Member

I would like it for whitetail deer hunting but don't wanna have to cut my left arm off so I can stock up on some ammo. And just for target practice so I can get use to the machine.

19. will_reed

will_reed New Member

I was talking about the upper, lol...

20. WhiteJD4

WhiteJD4 New Member

Oh my bad lack of sleep