Sphinx SDP Compact vs HK VP9

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by SaneMembrane, Oct 2, 2014.

1. SaneMembrane

SaneMembrane New Member

Looking to get another handgun this spring. Narrowed it down to these two, though one's DA/SA and the other's striker. What are your thoughts?

2. indy36

indy36 New Member

Both are good. One is super expensive. Expensive doesn't seem to get a lot of love on gun forums like this. I say f-it, go expensive and tell us how you like it. Nobody else here owns one.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

3. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

One is gorgeous and the other is an HK.

4. JCS53

JCS53 That looks like it hurt Lifetime Supporter

I have some expensive guns and I'll tell you if you ever want to sell them you really have a very,very,very small market of buyers...I learned the hard way....

5. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Regardless of resale value, both are good guns that will serve you well. I hear great things about the Swiss gun and its durability. The HK's can sometimes be a little cranky, like the P-7/13 I had for a few years, but they are made well despite HK's recent monetary woes. I think HK still has some US Govt contracts for Navy and Marine Aviators and Special ops personnel ( besides the SIG's). Good luck, let us know what you bought. I'm still not bored with my most recent 2 purchases, a Rock Island 1911-9, and a Taurus Judge 6.5" stainless, which our Older lady friend from Alabama called " a Smoke Pole"...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

6. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

(cont) I'll also put my vote in for the SIG320 "System." We got the Demo at SHOT in January, and we're very impressed. Also recently shot a friends 226 TAC OPS in 9MM with the 20+1 Mags...outstanding is all I can say.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

7. OldGunJunkie

OldGunJunkie New Member

Can't go wrong with either one. I'd recommend watching Hickok45 and Colion Noir's review on each one to see some close ups.