Spelling check........

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by LONGHAIR, May 31, 2012.

1. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

I know I spell a lot of words wrong and don't go back for the spelling-check...So if this bother's you...SORRY...I guess I'm always in a big hurry as I spell things-out and use-dash's and alot of.......at the end of my sentences but I'll try to do better....Again....SORRY....Only had one spell-check in writing this...a lot...Above.....:rolleyes:......

2. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Do you type from a phone or tablet?

3. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Mis-spelling doesnt bother me at all, i can normally interpret what is being said. A little punctuation i can handle too, no punctuation AT ALL gets annoying if its a long post. Then its hard for me to absorb what the person is trying to say.

4. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Longhair,

I must admit I use spell check quite a bit. But that is what is wrong with our English language! Not to mention one word can be used with two different meanings spelled exactly the same! Words should be spelled simply and how they sound instead of the way they are! It would allow us to sound out a word and then spell it! And we would not be misspelling the words we normally do! :D
    I am with YOU!

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

FWIW, I DO use spellcheck a lot. I CAN spell. I can't type worth a crap.

6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Due (do?) to (two?, too?) spell check, I (eye?) seem (seam?) to (two? too?) do (due?) okay.

7. orangello

orangello New Member

Who still takes checks these days?

8. Georgiahunter

Georgiahunter New Member

Yes, but if the words were all spelled like they sound spelling bees would be no fun! :D

9. opaww

opaww New Member

I spell check a lot and my spell checker has started calling me a dumb ***

10. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I can't spell, I never could, never will. It is really amazing to me that I can't, because I read at least two hours every day. You would think after doing that for 55 years, you would have gotten it by now, but nooooooooooooo.

I think I have a mental block about English spelling, because, sometimes it just doesn't make any sense.

11. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

I type from a key-board at a desk....I can't spell at all....

12. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Spill Czech.

Marry add a lid dull lam. Id's fleas whir wide adze no.

Yeah, it's all working reel gut.

I used to do business letters to folks in Hawai'i. Full of Hawai'ian spellings, and the additional punctution mark that is used in Hawai'ian when you have paired vowels.

When I finished my spell checker would sit in the corner and whimper!

13. Yunus

Yunus New Member

My suggestion is to not worry about spelling or punctuation. But after each thought press enter and go to a new line. I probably do this to much but run on paragraphs are harder to understand than misspelled words.

I can't spell for S*** either. My browser picks up most of my spelling mistakes but my grammar mistakes are on me. After checking I see at least two in this post.