Speer Gold Dot 124g +p

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by G30USMC, Dec 7, 2011.

1. G30USMC

G30USMC New Member Supporter

Is this ammo okay for a Glock 26..... I know it is currently the service ammo for NYPD, just was wondering how it would be in a shorter barrell?

2. MrWray

MrWray New Member

The gold dots are a good round with good expansion..the shorter barrel wont have much effect

3. gollygee

gollygee New Member

I'm not familiar with the glock, but I saw a video of a water jug test, with 4 layers of denim in front, done with a Bersa UC 9 which has 3.2" barrel & it performed well. Good expansion & about 24" penetration, which is the equivalent of 16" in gel.

Most failures that I have seen was caused by the hollow point filling with denim & the round not expanding, making for expensive ball ammo & over penetration. I've even seen it happen with such as Hornady with their plastic nose which is supposed to prevent it, but didn't.

4. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Any hollow point can plug sooner or later or simply not work right so hit your target with a double tap. But I have been useing the same speerm gold dot bullet in new ammo loaded by Georgia arms for some years. I allways runn 200 rounds thru any pistol I may carry and never had any issue with the GD bullets. If you in the SE US check them out. way better prices. GA has to call the bullet a speer bonded deep curl as they are a commerical new ammo loader BUT so does speer if you ask them if thats what it is.

5. glockcoma

glockcoma New Member

Thats a great round you dnt have nothing to worry about as long as it cycles in you piece. Your fine, i personally wouldnt hesitate not one bit to carry it, it's a proven manufacture. Only used it in my glock 23 180 & 165 gr. I use winchester pdx1 124 +p in my glock17, 180gr in the 23. I plan on stacking up on more gold dots for my nine and forty real soon. They are accurate.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  6. Brennan16

Brennan16 New Member

I carry the Speer Gold Dot 180 grain in my XD40.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

7. CarlsbadRanger06

CarlsbadRanger06 New Member

If this ammo is half as good as the Speer Gold Dot .45 ACP GDHP that I use in my weapons, it's gotta be remarkable!

8. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

I keep gold dots in both my fnp-45 and SP101,awesome loads. **** just the sight of the cavity in the .45acp gold dot should attest that they're some nasty loads

9. ANGRYcanary

ANGRYcanary New Member

Dillinger actually called Glock and spoke to someone there about the +P ammo. You'd have to look up the post or just send him a p.m. but I BELIEVE the result was that all plus +P was actually fine in Glock pistols.

Attached Files:

10. Brennan16

Brennan16 New Member

Last I knew, +P ammo was fine for the newest Glocks. My wife carries a G22 Gen2 on duty and they wouldn't give her the +P ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

11. glockcoma

glockcoma New Member

Yes +p and. +p+ is fine in a glock pistol. Glock only recommend not to use +p or +p+ ammo exclusively. Yes pratice with the load you carry,to get the feel of it and to make sure its flawless in you pistols. Most of us wont burn through that much premium ammo anyway jus for plinking. Thats what the cheap stuff is for.