Speedloader for .357 Windicator

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by of-47, Jan 30, 2011.

1. of-47

of-47 New Member

Does anyone sell speedloaders for .357 EEA Windicator ?

2. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Probably but speed strips are a lot more compact. I have both and much prefer the speed strips for carry.

3. michigan0626

michigan0626 New Member

Never owned a revolver, or shot one. Im pretty sure speed strips are quicker than single loading bullets, and Im assuming they are slower and speedloaders but more concealable. About how much faster are they than hand loading, and about how much faster is speedloaders versus speed strips.

4. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

With the strips, you load 2 rnds at a time. With practice it gets pretty quick. The main thing is you are not working with loose ammo. It is also easier to refill a partial cylinder. I use a 6 rnd strip even though my revolver only holds 5.

5. Drriley

Drriley New Member

HKS #10a - most gun shops carry them or on line @ cheaper than dirt.

Attached Files:

6. fixxer

fixxer New Member

+1 for this design. I have had one of these for my SP101 for years. Not a single problem. Very dependable. Now that you reminded me, I'm gonna look for this same thing for my Colt Anaconda.

7. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I prefer the Safariland loaders. A bit faster to use and they hold the cartridges more true to the actual placement in the cylinder. The HKS loaders are good, they just require a slightly different technique to use.

8. nyb631

nyb631 New Member

Thanks for this Thread I have a EAA 357 windicator and i keep meaning to find a speed loader. Thanks.

9. of-47

of-47 New Member

.357 Windicator

Thanks for the info, I will check it out.

10. of-47

of-47 New Member

.357 Windicator

Thanks for the info, I will check it out.

11. Dadoo

Dadoo New Member

check out the rounds

I also just got a windicator. Love the gun.
    In the picture you show (same one on the CTD web site) notice there are 7 rounds showing? SOmeone goofed when editing the picture.

A loader for the Colt Python should work, although I haven't yet tested it for myself. I tried one this weekend at the CTD store and it did not work well. I'll keep looking.