Speed Strips/ Speed Loaders?

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by WannaGator, Jun 11, 2010.

1. WannaGator

WannaGator New Member

Hey fellers.

I'm sure some of y'all know this, who makes speed strips/ speed loaders?

Are either of these products worth while?

I will soon have (2) .357 Magnum revolvers would like to be able to reload fast as possible.

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I have HKS speed loaders for all of my revolvers. Bought from Midway I think...

3. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

Same here they are about $10+/-, so there's no reason not to get 3-4/gun. They loosen up after a while if you handle them constantly, (in and out of pockets or car) but are pretty durable overall.

Practice a bit with them though. :)

4. steve666

steve666 New Member

I have both HKS and Safariland speedloaders (I prefer the Safariland) and I also have Bianchi Speed Strips for my .38 and Tuff Products Strips for my .38 and .45 LC.

5. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I have Bianchi speedstrips for my .357.

6. orangello

orangello New Member

Thanks for the reminder; i need to pick up a few for my new revolver. I had totally spaced on that.

7. pmeisel

pmeisel New Member

I have HKS and Safariland speedloaders and Tuff speed strips. I find the speed strips the most useful (flat in the pocket, and I don't like wearing a custom speed loader holder on my belt).

I use the speedloaders for my bedside and desk drawer guns and use the speed strips in my pocket when I am out.

8. WannaGator

WannaGator New Member

Thanks again Y'all.

I plan to get probably 2 speedloaders & 4 speed strips.

pmeisel thanks for the tip will put this to use.

9. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Practice, practice, practice.

10. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Then practice a little more. When you think you got it all down. It's time to practice some more.

11. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

I've used HKS speedloaders for a while, but have recently switched over to Safariland for carry. They are a bit smaller (at least the Comp I) and I like the release method better than the one HKS uses (it's faster and easier, at least for me).

I carry Bianchi speed strips as well, but only as a back-up to a speedloader or when hiking/camping to keep the bulk to a minimum. No matter how much I practice, I find the Safariland Comp I much faster than speed strips so I trade off a little bulk for better performance.

The good thing about all these options, is that they are quite cheap, so you can get one of each to try out and give away the ones that don't work for you (or just use them at the range, or as back-up).