Speed Loaders

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by hillbilly68, Dec 24, 2007.

1. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

Gents,
    What are your opinions on the best brand of speed loaders? (Redhawk .44)
    Thanks for the input.

2. tex45acp

tex45acp New Member

hillbilly68,

I have had best luck with the HKS brand of speedloaders. I have them for all my revolvers.

3. Tom the roofer

Tom the roofer New Member

I use the HKS brand. They do a pretty good job.

4. RONSERESURPLUS

RONSERESURPLUS New Member

Speedloaders/Fav?

Hello all

RON L here = SERESURPLUS'

I have used and like HKS as they are more common and do work wel! I have had a few Safariland Models for my Model 65 and my Model 28 and they were just as good, easier to use and a bit harder to find and a lot more expensive!

5. Boris

Boris New Member

I use 'Jetloaders' I have them for both K and L frame S&W's........:eek:

6. RONSERESURPLUS

RONSERESURPLUS New Member

Speedloaders

Hello All/Question to Borris

RON L here = SERESURPLUS

What are Jetloaders? I've not seen them here or anywhere else? I did use to like "Bianchi Speed Strips"! These were simple rubber strips and held 5-6 shots of 38/357! The discontinued them years back, you see them on some of the auction sites from time to time? Were those like these?

7. DoubleAction

DoubleAction New Member

I have always used HKS for all my double action hand ejectors.

8. RJ Stewart

RJ Stewart New Member

HKS loaders are the only ones I've ever found, apart from speed strips.

9. Boris

Boris New Member

Ron they are similar to the Bianchi spring loaded speedloaders, but they where on the market over here earlier and overtook the HKS in popularity. They are rugged but a little bulky. But they are the fastest reloader I have used, I use Speedstrips for my SP101 simply for convienence and I often snakeloads....

10. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have both HKS and Safariland loaders. I prefer the Safariland comp 1's and 2's because:
    They hold the rounds in the proper alignment for the cylinder. The HKS loaders have a lot of wobble and require a different technique. (tilt loader, insert the noses of two rounds, tilt the loader to get the other 4 in alignment, push in, turn knob "which way was that again?")

Simpler to release rounds. Insert, press, let drop free.

I have speed strips for the hide out back up gun. They lay flat inside the trauma plate pouch of my body armor carrier.

I practice with both my autos and revolvers. I can reload my 629 faster than 95% of the people can reload a 1911. My timed splits are about 3 seconds. I am not Jerry Miculek nor will I ever be that good (sub 1 second splits). But I have production guns (unmodified cylinders) w/production speed loaders (no moon clips). I do not feel out gunned with a revolver. Firepower is not round count, it is power. Six good hits beat spray and pray every time.