speargun

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by liftedtrucks4me, May 9, 2011.

1. liftedtrucks4me

liftedtrucks4me New Member

My dad gave me his speargun that he got when he was in the navy back in the early 80s. I need to replace the bands and also the trigger broke on me. All I know is that he bought it in turkey and I can't seem to find the right trigger for it.

Anyone else have experience and could point me in the right direction?

2. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

How did the trigger break? Did it snap off? Or is it just not working? And what company made it? As people usually say for a thread like this, photos would be helpful.

3. liftedtrucks4me

liftedtrucks4me New Member

it snapped off, went to go pull it and the plastic just gave way. Yilmaz makes it, there is no English on it only the Turkish language. I will try to have pictures later tonight when I get home. The Bands connect in the wishbone and then the muzzle, not the wrap around type, and there is also 4 bands instead of 2. Basically what I am looking for is a dealer that would supply a new trigger, I believe I found 4 new bands from scubastore.com

4. BlindOldMan

BlindOldMan New Member

:)

About 25 years ago I worked for a diving equipment manufacturer/reseller. We manufactured spear gun bands in many sizes. Replacement triggers can be found, but they are simple enough that you could, in many cases, just use a Dremel to make one if you have the original as a template. In many cases it's just pushes a release lever. What is the manufacturer?

Heck, it's even possible that I personally made the band on your speargun :D.. We made thousands of them each week.

5. d-r

d-r New Member

Pics would definitely help. A trigger should be fairly easy to fab, depending on the FCG complexity. With pics, it should be possible to get something made, ranging from plastic to aluminum (which would be great from a durability perspective). Type III hard anodize is pretty tough. We'll get 'er working again!

D-R