Spanish Made Revolvers

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by hth3, Sep 3, 2009.

1. hth3

hth3 New Member

I have an old .38 Long revolver with "Guisasola Brothers Eibar, Spain"
    stamped on top of barrell. Having trouble finding any info about who what when etc. on this pistol. Any info you have is good.

hth3

2. DrGonzo11

DrGonzo11 New Member

HA HA, WTF??? Where'd you get that Cane?

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

The same place you will.

Right click on it and save to your HD.

Then;

How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here)

4. DrGonzo11

DrGonzo11 New Member

5. hth3

hth3 New Member

Gents:

Went looking for info yesterday on a Spanish made revolver and did not include pictures. ( imagine that) three are attached. any info you can provide is good.

thanks
    hth3

Attached Files:

6. hth3

hth3 New Member

Cane,
    I figured out the picture thing and have attached three. NOt sure i posted them to the right spot because they are showing at the bottom of your reply to my original post.
    take a look.

hth3

7. DrGonzo11

DrGonzo11 New Member

It looks a lot like a Spanish Copy of a S&W Hand Ejector D.A. Revolver, but I'm just comparing it to pictures, there are a lot of S&W style Spanish variations. Yours looks to be in really good shape though.

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

A note of caution- the .38 Long was similar to the .38 Special in dimensions, but was a black powder very low power round- and true .38 Special ( most especially HOT .38 Specials) should not be fed to it, lest it develop a severe case of heartburn.

The LARGE number of Spanish imitators is the reason for the "Marcas Registrados" markings on old S&Ws. To let folks know it was the real thing, and not a copy.

9. WILDCATT

WILDCATT New Member

38 spanish

I have the same one same make.they were made by a better manufacturer than others.while the 38 long was a black powder round by the time of those revolverss smokless wass common the gun was made in the WW1 to WW2 era.I shoot 38 specials in mine and I was amazed at how good it shot.use standard load or target loads.I reload all my ammo.
    never the less the gun is old so dont abuse it.:rolleyes: