Spanish Destroyer Carbine

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by Trez, May 13, 2012.

1. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Somebody offered to trade me one for my Win '95... It sounds like a awesome rifle! I couldnt find one on the online auction sites, so I have no clue what ones worth... I read that theyre chambered in 9x23 Largo (Thinking it would make a neat pistol/rifle set for my Medusa!)

What can you guys tell me about them?

2. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

The Destroyer is a nifty carbine. I can get you one for cheap $$. Your '95 is worth way more.

3. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Could you give me a ballpark price?

4. jpattersonnh

5. TheOldMan

TheOldMan New Member

Yeah... Keep the '95. The Destroyers go for around $250 to $280 range when they're cleaned up. Like JP said, your 95 is worth far more.

6. jpattersonnh

You Da man, not that old!

7. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I would not consider such a trade unles there was a bunch of $ coming your way with it. 9 X 23 Largo is available, but not really plentiful.

8. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

The one I own is chambered in 9MM Parabellum. These are not expensive firearms. They were used by the Police in Spain during the 1920s. The value on one as posted is under $300 dollars. :)

Attached Files:

9. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

I got one!! It is one of the neatest rifles ever! :D
    It may not have the range, but its every bit as accurate as my '03... Mines in 9mm Largo. The other day the first time I took it out I was popping bottles like nothing! I was shooting from 20 - 100 yds and didnt have to flip up the ladder sight. I guess the Spanish dont mess around with prisoners!:eek:

If anybody comes across one, get it!! I definitely recommend one for any collection!

What would be the "correct" pistol to go with this? Do the pistol and rifle share the same magazines?
    Mine came with a nylon sling, what does the correct sling for this rifle look like?

Some pics:

Attached Files:

10. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Nice! How many mags did it come with? If you need anymore, I saw a few on gunbroker for about $15. They looked a little rough, but they may work.

11. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

I got 3 of 'em.... I need more Ammo, but Ammo to go is all out.. :( (I still have my $30 gift card...)

12. texaswoodworker

13. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Just sold mine today for $300... I already miss it, but bought a bunch of reloading stuff and some 6.5 Jap ammo to fill the void left in its place... :( :)

14. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

I have a very nice Type 44 6.5 and a Nambu Type A 90%. These were picked up by a cousin in the South Pacific in 1945. I decided after 70 years it was time to shoot the Type 44. I just ordered a set of Lee Dies and brass for the little rifle. I am going to try some 140 grs. bullets to start with.:)

15. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Awesome!! :) I have yet to get a Nambu myself....

16. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Why dont you show off that Type 44 and Nambu?? ;)

17. texaswoodworker

How well does that Nambu shoot? Is ammo hard to find?

18. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

The Type A and Type B Nambus are among the rare WW II handguns. These are not the later Type 14 Nambu pistols. Yes you can get the ammo and it is pricey. The 8MM Nambu Type A is about like the .380. These can be made from the .223 Rem. Brass. They are valuable and old mine was made in 1918. The risk of damaging them is high. Bill Ruger used the Type B 7MM Nambu to design the Mark 1 Ruger .22 pistol. I will post a Pic of these two arms.:)

19. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

This the Type 44 (1911) 6.5X50 Carrbine. Nambu Pistol Type B (1918). Note the 500 Meter Tangant rear sight on the pistol:rolleyes: A 98 gr. slug? Note the Nambu bolt very Ruger.:)

The pistol on the left is a 1914 DWM 9 MM Luger for comparison.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  20. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Awesome!! :D