Spanish 1916

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by dogman123, Oct 12, 2011.

1. dogman123

dogman123 New Member

I have Spanish 1916 short rifle still in 7mm made in 1931. When i got someone had sporterized it. What I would like is an mannlicher for it. Does anyone have any answers.

2. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

I have a 7mm Spanish Mauser that I've had for many years and I think Samco Arms in Miami can get you a replacement stock for your 1916 Spanish Mauser. A few years ago they had them for $50 or $60 as I recall. You can go to their website and use the "Contact Us" feature to make an inquiry. They will have original stocks for them, but if by Mannlicher you mean a full length stock that goes out to the end of the barrel, I doubt they'll be able to help you since I've never heard of such a stock existing for the old Spanish Mausers.

This is what the old Mauser stocks looked like when the guns came out from the arsenal in Oviedo:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The Spanish short rifles are handy little carbines, I have two. Both are set up in original trim. A Mannlicher stock will be a pricey custom endeavor. The stock will cost at least 2x the price of the rifle.

Just put an original stock on it and enjoy.

4. dogman123

dogman123 New Member

I'd be happy with original military dress for it. Do you know where to got one.

5. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

I think Samco global Arms in Miami can probably get you one. Here's a link:

https://www.samcoglobal.com/rifles-2010.html

Use the "Contact SGA" feature to send them inquiry. They had stocks with metal hardware for about $60 a few years back.