Firearms Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna know what it could be worth i think the ctg is long colt not sure though

·
Administrator
26,177 Posts
.38 Largo. Casing is about a .38 Long Colt or even a .38 Special, HOWEVER- they were loaded with black powder or at black powder pressures. DO NOT fire modern .38 Specials even if they fit the cylinder. There were a bunch of these that came in from South America about 10 yrs ago.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do i get ammo for it

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Its more than ten years old my grand dad bought it in the 60'

·
Retired
13,579 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont think it is largo it says long ctg had a guy tell me it was long colt and i have shot 38. Wad cuters with no problem. I was wondering the value most of all

·
Administrator
26,177 Posts
Largo is Spanish for Long. Please post ALL of the markings on the gun. If it was purchased in the 60''s it is over FIFTY years old- and I believe that may be several years earlier than that.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
behind the trigger gaurd it says spain the only other markings is on top of the barrel and it say american best cartridges are those that best fit the o.v. thats all the markings on it no maker mark or anything i had a gunsmith look at it a few years ago and told me it was worth 200 bucks but he bought guns from people for 100 bucks then sells for 600. he low balls people bad him say 200 probally means it more like 600 or 800 but im not sure my dad got a s&w 38. specal that was my great granddaddys its really old he carryed it as a constable in like the mid 40' late 50' something like that it still looks new but it looks just like the gun expect it has the s&w logo on it

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Largo is Spanish for Long. Please post ALL of the markings on the gun. If it was purchased in the 60''s it is over FIFTY years old- and I believe that may be several years earlier than that.
Yep,
Largo = Long
Corto = Short

:p

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok largo is long i dont speak spanish just know my gun says long ctg on the barrel. but i learned something new today thanks.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts