Sp101 Ruger

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by mahall, May 11, 2013.

1. mahall

mahall New Member

Finally found it in 357-:) beautiful multipurpose revolver!! Talk to me gun world!! Validate my decision!

2. Buckeyeborn

Buckeyeborn New Member

Yes you did

3. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

Excellent choice. A real workhorse of a revolver.

4. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Pics or it didn't happen;)

5. mahall

mahall New Member

image-2225717123.jpg

There she is!! I hope I done this right lol

6. Big19Ben

Big19Ben New Member

If it doesn't work out mine has been looking for its long lost sister...j/k, great gun;)

7. mahall

mahall New Member

[ I'm afraid the Sister will remain forever separate! She will probably remain in my family for decades to come!! Great gun for anything you might need it from 20 yards or so in!! Carry or home Defense! The versatility and durability is what sold me!! I've done my homework on this gun-:)

8. capto56

capto56 New Member

Just need to update the front sight now :) I bought mine a couple months ago and had an experience at the range that bothered me. Dark corner, furthest lane to the left. And I couldn't pick up the black front ramp on the black target.

I just got my meprolight night sight a week ago. Now I'm having problems finding a gunsmith to install it for me. I don't believe it's too difficult but I don't have the tools, skills, or time required to replace it myself. One gun range said he didn't have the right vice to secure it and didn't want to risk ruining the gun.

I need to look a little harder...

9. mahall

mahall New Member

[ yes that is the one and only bad mark on this gun, the sights are horrible! I mean give me a little color or something on the front sight!

10. txpossum

txpossum New Member

I'd say you made a good choice. It'll be a good companion for years to come.

11. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

You made a great choice. What a beautiful revolver.

12. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

image-1539568936.jpg

My SP101 is my favorite gun

13. Dennis845

Dennis845 New Member

First thing I did when I got mine was put a Big Dot XS sight on it and a Hogue mono grip. My middle name is "Murphy" and I easily managed to install the sight.

Congrats on a fine revolver.

14. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

A little red nail polish took care of my front sight not to mention the Crimson Trace grip. The 110 grain Winchester mags make a nice mid range load. More than a +P but less than a 125 grain mag.

15. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

That looks familiar. Put a Houge monogrip on it and you will find full house loads much more manageable.

16. JW357

JW357 New Member

Congrats. Beautiful. Now I just need to get my own revolver...

17. Biohazurd

Biohazurd New Member

Ahh the sp101 the toughest commercial snub in existence. It is my favorite snub to shoot at the range. Great hiking gun also.

18. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

Very nice indeed! I always wanted one somehow haven't done it yet.:eek:

19. mahall

mahall New Member

Got lucky and found one at local gun store!! Probably paid more than a fair price!! But they are hard to find new in these parts!! I hear Ruger has a 2 million backlog on gun orders!! Lol Obama continues to be the worlds best private gun salesman!

20. mahall

mahall New Member

I own a couple of semis and they are probably better in most situations because of the large capacity!! But there is something about owning a nice revolver!! II view my semis as guns I own!! My revolver is my personal gun!! Can anyone relate??