Firearms Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well hi ya'll! My name is Penny (31) and I'm from cajun country. South Louisiana!
I am a current NRA member with my husband and have a conceal carry license. I carry a Bersa 380 (yeah i know it's not the greatest but it will get the job done none the less). I recently purchased a Bushmaster AR-15 for my husband. we have yet to shoot it but man it sure is pretty! I'm hoping to get some info on here as to why the book says to only use winchester bullets. the caliber is .223 and i've found several other brands that i can buy in bulk for cheaper than the winchester. is the winchester bullet special to the bushmaster? or is winchester the parent company of bushmaster and suggesting the use of their bullets in a very persuasive way? Thanks for any help you guys can give!

Penny:eek:

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Welcome Penny,
I have a Bushmaster AR in .223 and didn't read the owners manual two years ago when I bought it but might try some Winchester ammo to see if it makes a difference but I doubt it will as I've shot mostly the cheap stuff through mine with out issue. I expect Bushmaster tested the rifle with Winchester ammo (who knows if Winchester paid Bushmaster or if have some business dealings). All I know is mine will eat any .223 ammo I feed it at an alarming rate! The rifle is the low end of the purchase, feeding it is where the true expense comes.

Again welcome and enjoy the site

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Welcome here. My wife and I love Louisiana. :)

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Welcome Penny, I have a Bushmaster V-Match and shoot Win., Rem.,and LC.,brass and they are all hand loaded, besides, I don't believe there's any factory ammunition left in the country. I've yet to have a problem with any of that brass or with any hand loaded ammunition I shoot. Hunter Joe

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Welcome from Venezuela

Welcome and glad to have you around! :D

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
WELCOME pennyc, glad to have you here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks so much for the warm welcome. i'll be posting and reading up on things so i can hopefully contribute to the community.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts