South Carolina Conceal Carry Permit, SC Laws portion?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by condor67, Oct 4, 2017.

1. condor67

condor67 New Member

I recently moved from the state of NY. In the process of getting my new SC drivers license. Once I get this, I will apply for my SC conceal carry permit. I understand that as a disabled veteran, according to the SLED website on conceal carry, my DD214 is considered as my weapons training and my VA disability letter, my fees are waived. I do however have to get a course on SC laws as applied to firearms. Any idea how much this costs? Thanks!

2. 67stingray

67stingray Member

Condor, I lived and carried in South Carolina for quite a few years and never seen a course for just the laws, you might have to take the concealed carry course that runs around $75. You can check with your local law enforcement agency. Good luck

3. condor67

condor67 New Member

Thanks! I have registered for a course for $50. I visited a local gun store, and I was told that SLED will reimburse me for being a disabled veteran. Also red the law, where it states that SLED cannot charge you. Its great being in a "free state" than NY :)

MisterMcCool likes this.
  4. condor67

condor67 New Member

I recently moved from NY where we have the NY (Un) SAFE Act to SC. I just registered for a CW CWP class next month. The course is $50. I visited a local gun store, and was told by the salesperson that SLED will reimburse me the fee. I know the SLED application fee is $50 and according to the SC laws, SLED cannot charge a disabled veteran (which I am with my VA disability letter). I also have my DD 214 which is used as my training certificate. Instead of the 8 hour class, I only have to take the 2 hour SC CWP class on laws and take the test, which I have no problem with. I just want to make sure I have my facts straight. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated by any NRA instructors, gun owners, veterans, etc. Thanks!

5. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards.

Yes, it is great. Welcome back to freedom.