Soo tired of waiting for my CCW!!!!

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by amandaloveszoe, Jun 21, 2013.

1. amandaloveszoe

amandaloveszoe New Member

Blahhhh Tuesday will be a full 90 days of waiting!!! Thats supposed to be the max #! Come Wed morning you better believe i will be aggrivating someone!!

2. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

A friend of mine applied in January and still doesn't have his. I took my class in April of 2010 and didn't receive mine until mid September 2010, I know how you feel.

3. amandaloveszoe

I know lots of people are having to wait and i said i would never write a thread about waiting but here i am. Guess this is helping with my patience practicing huh?

4. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Took mine in early March got it back last week of May

5. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

Great time to review all the various laws surrounding use of force and the awesome responsibilty we are entrusted with when we carry. I don't want to be one of Obama's "poster children" of mis-use of a CCW!!!m:)

6. amandaloveszoe

Been there done that, been shooting 25 yrs, i always keep up w laws they r ever changing! :)

7. amandaloveszoe

Dont rub it in. Took class in Jan!!

8. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Been carrying daily for 17 years now... not 1 single LEO encounter involving my gun.

Probably would not have carried in the beginning until it arrived... but given the one time I did need it... I'd also never stop doing it for ANY reason.

Tack

9. amandaloveszoe

Are you referring to you carrying before ccw and needed it?

10. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

No... it was after, I was legal, and the mere presence of the gun did the trick. In fact, I did not even fully draw it. Grabbing it and shouting HALT was enough to send the Goblins scurrying away.

I simply meant that 17 years ago... I thought I needed "permission"... and now, I don't.

Tack

11. amandaloveszoe

Thats great it stopped there! Yeah being a female and out by myself some i am looking forward to knowing i have "back up" lol. I dont like going many places alone because i have been put in some dangerous situations in broad daylight and bystanders could give a crap less.

12. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

Yeah I hear ya.. Get this.. I live in not so nice NYS...
    Turned 21 in October 2012 applied in November same year.. Was told to wait till June 12th 2013 to get finger printed.. Called them 2 weeks before to say that I got a new job an can't take off so I'm going to miss my appointment.. With an additude I got put on hold for 15 min then she said, yeah I can squeeze you in, October 5th 3013!!!!!!!!

I said right there u know what ill pass now.. Not only would I wait till then but then my 6 month waiting period starts when you get fingerprinted and they are actually taking 8+ months now.. So I wasn't Iooking to get it till may 2014..

I plan to leave this state by 2015 so to pay 300 bucks for a permit for 5 months was crazy..

Ohh and I already have my FL non resident permit.. Sad I can't even get the one for my home state...

13. amandaloveszoe

Oh my gosh thats so ridiculous!! They treat us like we are criminals! Guess i shouldnt be complaining after all! I know you will be glad to get out of there!

14. alwaysarmed

alwaysarmed New Member

I applied for mine the third week of January and jus received it last week lol So basically six months lol

15. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

Yeah I really want some freedom.. Parents just bought a house in Sebastian FL so I should be down there soon..

16. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

You should see the waiting list for a suppressor/class 3.:mad: The backlog is huge and they cut the number of processors.

17. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

Review it again then. :rolleyes:

18. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Don't know what state your in but... in most states "open carry" is legal... May be an option until your CCW arrives. ;)

NOTE: Check your local laws on OC for yourself... Internet advise on legal matters is worth just about what you pay for it. Good Luck

Tack

19. amandaloveszoe

Jeez may i ask what state?

20. amandaloveszoe

In NC and thankfully we can OC i do if i am going to the range and always do when out walking dog etc! Not brave enough to walk around stores with it i can hear the guys now, dont want anymore attention drawn to myself :/