soo confused...(ghost connector)

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Broke124, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

Should I get a ghost rocket, or a ghost 3.5 connector? Or the entire trigger kit? And if the kit has 4 and 6 lb. springs, how is the trigger pull still 3.5 lbs.? Or am I way off?

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\

2. RogerH

RogerH New Member

Lone Wolf Dist's 3.5 lb connector,is what i put in my guns made a big difference

3. Engine5truck

Engine5truck New Member

I believe the ghost rocket you have to file down the metal tab to your liking of I'm not mistaken. The regular ghost connector is just drop it in and have fun

4. okdonk

okdonk New Member

+1. Me too!

5. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I have a ghost 3.5 connector and a lightening trigger assembly installed in my G31. Its a world of difference, light and crisp pull,and less take up. Its adjustable to so you can set it to what feels right for you.

6. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

I've used all but Scherer. And if their mags are so horrible, why try an internal part from them?

Glockworx V3 is the best I've used. I use them in all my trigger jobs. I've had many Uspsa and fellow IDPA shooters tout mine as the best they've felt. "Way better than my Vanek" was the greatest compliment.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  7. Delmonte67

Delmonte67 New Member

Willfully armed, or anyone with experience, I posted a thread not too long ago asking about the ghost rocket trigger for my G27 and got alot of good feedback. I too was confused when I went to the website not knowing if I should order this with that, 3.5lb, 5lb, connectors? Springs ? ect... I just want smooth, less travel/slop, better reset, and I don't want a hairpin trigger at all. What EXACTLY do you suggest ordering? And what extras if any? How they install? Thanks bro! D.

Sent from my iPod touch using FirearmsTalk

8. willfully armed

Glockworx v3 is what you want.

Ghosts webpage has a good pictorial guide for installation.

Takes 2 minutes.

9. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

Just the connector? No new springs or other trigger manipulations ?

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\

10. Delmonte67

Delmonte67 New Member

11. Delmonte67

Delmonte67 New Member

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  12. willfully armed

My trigger jobs shorten the sear and change the angle of the sear.

Change the angle of the firing pin safety ramp on the trigger bar. Change the angle and round out the firing pin safety plunger.

Polish trigger bar, connector, firing pin, safety plunger.

Glockworx competition spring kit and V3 connector. Lone wolf trigger stop trigger housing.

I also eliminate trigger take up, but rather not divulge the process as it can result in a full auto if not done properly.

The end result is an excellet competition trigger...1.5-2.5# trigger pull(depending on the shooters request) with less than 3/32" take up, zero overtravel, and a crisp reset. This has taken a bit of trial and error, some ruined parts, and some damaged tooling.

For those inexperienced in machine work, I don't suggest attempting to change the angle or remove material. The spring kit and connector will greatly improve your stock setup.

13. Delmonte67

Delmonte67 New Member

I did some research and read the awesome reviews, I'm set on buying the Glockworx v3 connector and a spring kit, all for around 25 bucks. Maybe do a light polish job on some parts with my dremmel too! It seems from alot of the reviews that the v3 system is alot better than the Ghost rocket system. Can't wait to order this! Anyone looking for a trigger system- check out Glockworx V3. Getting married and doing the 7 day cruise thing in 2 weeks, but as soon as i get back- its ordered! Ill keep ya posted on how it turns out for sure! Thanks so much for the info Willfullyarmed!

14. Belltactical

Belltactical New Member

Oops. He said the "D" word.
    Files, Sandpaper, stones and Flitz (or simicrome).
    And yeah, the v3 pretty much drops right in.

15. willfully armed

Dremel is a godsend for polishing.

The V3 needs nothing to drop in.

16. Belltactical

Belltactical New Member

I guess I'm just old fashioned. I actually enjoy the hand polishing route. Sort of a zen like thing.

17. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

The cloth dremel wheel and some flitz made mine shine like a mirror in no time. Just go slow and be careful. The q-tips with flitz work well too, just slower.

-Fred

18. Delmonte67

Delmonte67 New Member

I'll be careful and go slow with the cloth polish wheel. Just a decent shine is all, bur free. If the wheel seems to much, Ill go the "ZEN" route. So can I find this Flitz stuff at home depot/ lowes? First time ever doing this to any of my handguns. Thanks fellas! So glad I found this forum/site! D.

Sent from my iPod touch! using FirearmsTalk

19. Belltactical

Belltactical New Member

I picked up a case at the local auto parts store - sorry, don't remember what I paid. A little goes a long long way - ill probably be dead before I use it all up. You might also look for a rouge cloth - usually you can find them at jewelry stores - they put a great polish on slides and frames.

20. Delmonte67

Delmonte67 New Member

Sounds good I'll swing into autozone, sorta reminds me of the days in Desert Storm cleaning and polishing sand and grit out of your weapon. Lol Much appreciated! D.