Sons of Guns

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Hatchet8, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Hatchet8

Hatchet8 New Member

Anybody heard anything about all the rumors of the Red Jacket being closed down by ATF agents & Vince leaving? Just wondering, I know they have more shows coming, just curious if it will be worth warching!

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

they were carrying paper machine guns which is a serial number that did not have a physical receiver attached to it. thats a big no-no in the nfa business. so they surrendered their ffl instead of going to prison. this was before the show started.

vince left because his @sshattery was outdoing will hayden's stupidity. cant have the star idiot being shown up buy a bigger one...

vince had the shops ffl so they prolly got some doorknob from discovery to do it to keep the show going.

3. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

They are still in business. It's a play on words where Red Jacket Firearms, Inc, was renamed to the newly formed Red Jacket Firearms, LLC.

4. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

If you missed the last 2 episodes, it gives you some good indication. I'm still embarrassed to admit that I watch the show *sigh*

But yes, Vince did leave. As far as I know, he has not given an official reason, but he did start up his own business called Mesa Kinetics

The FFL was forfeit long before the show ever started, but Vince was filling in as the FFL holder as an employee of the business (Will must have found an awfully good lawyer to figure it all out)

but suffice it to say Vince is gone, and JonM above said it right, there's no doubt that Discovery found some loop hole or some intern to hold the FFL so RJ stays in business...the producers reaction to Vince walking out was freaking priceless.

5. Dennis845

Dennis845 New Member

You didn't read it here but, I like Sons of Guns also. Along with; Days of Our Lives, As the Word Turns, One Life To Live, and All My Chidren.

6. Hatchet8

Hatchet8 New Member

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks Will's an ass! He may have served & may know guns but he's an arshole & I wonder how many folks on here could run a gun business better thsn him! Thanks for the info!

7. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Vince only did what alot of us would have done if treated like that. I damn sure wouldnt work for someone that talked to me like a dog. I had one employer that talked to me just like that once, he knew that he was wrong and decided not to press charges after i knocked him on his @ss.

8. Hatchet8

Hatchet8 New Member

Yeah he's definitely got too much mouth. Chris was always the one who seemingly needed bailing out or an ass chewing. I was a fan, then I finally got tired of Will's mouth bitching constantly. I don't understand how someone like that ever attained any success, especially as critical as true gun freaks can be about their baby's

9. fmj

fmj New Member

Yeah, Chris is just a friggn IDIOT thats about one step above useless.

One would think that the man that holds the FFL keeping your shop open would be treated with some modicum of respect...but instead he gets treated like $H!T and the duffus gets treated like a golden child because hes banging the bosses daughter.

The producers reaction was priceless!!!

10. Hatchet8

Hatchet8 New Member

Just saw it! What daya mean he's gone? Nice, Will wasn't expecting it. Vince knew more than he was given credit for. How bout Chris's singing for Ted Nugent, that was ridiculous. I hoped he was a better at singing than gun smithing, but alast NO! Will & Stephanie acted like **** to Vince, they were so irritating til I was only watching SOG with the mute on until Vince or a tech guy talked. I won't be watching with Vince gone. I heard the other guy, Smitty I think it was, he left too, just what I heard.

11. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

Can you imagine if Will Hayden and Paul Teutul Sr had to work together? That could lead to some fireworks. At least Paul Sr can be funny at times.

12. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

I thought it was bad enough when Rich Wyatt and Will Hayden teamed up for that Discovery show (top 10 shootouts i believe it was)

There's just something about Will's nature on TV that seems disingenuous to me. He always goes out of his way to appear noble and righteous...it's too much of a show if you ask me, seems very fake.

Vince seemed to be a cool enough guy, at least from what we saw on TV, who knows, maybe it's all one big show and was just a ploy for ratings? God knows you can only see so many episodes of that Chris dumb**** acting like an idiot before you want to change the channel.

Throw in some drama and watch the clickers fall.

Plus, lets face it, if Vince was your FFL holder, the life blood of your company, a person who, without him, your business would not exist, WHY would you treat him like **** if not for ratings? Pretend to hate each other on TV, then behind the scenes go have a beer.

Seems pretty NYC to me.

13. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

What irritates me about the whole thing is now they all, Kris especially, talk like Vince is some huge douchebag for quitting without giving notice, like it was childish and not a "manly" thing to do. What I would have liked to see was Vince jack Will right in his fat yellow tooth mouth, then pick up his tool box and clear out. And that episode when Will sort of compared himself to God was a little much too, someone did something stupid and Will said, just think what would God do? Right there he showed himself to be an A1 narcissist and arsehole. Will should at least do some laundry and comb his hair before going on nation wide television show

14. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

Well, im no fan of Will, but i know what episode you're talking about, and I gotta disagree. He did not compare himself to God.

He said "WWWD" what would will do "Kind of like WWJD what would jesus do"

He was giving the comparison so people would know what he was talking about, not insinuating he was like Jesus.

I actually wanted to slap the **** out of Vince for bitching about that.

Edit to add: Damnit I feel like such a dip**** for knowing so much about a damned drama tv show

15. Hatchet8

Hatchet8 New Member

It is sad we all know too much about this crappy show! We sound like women talkin about the soap operas. But for cryin out loud, can we get a gun show that doesn't suck?

16. fmj

fmj New Member

now THATS a great question....the other one i find i watch for the "ass"ets the women show as much for the guns. I just wanna puke whenever Rich or the three stooges show up.

But i gotta give props....Richs kid is one talented lad.

Far as SOGs goes....I love how they artistically editing the show to make Vince look like a childish douche bag when in truth we all know its the "leadership and son in law thats the douchbags!

17. Hatchet8

Hatchet8 New Member

Well I've seen the other gun show once & Rich is kinda snobby but his son did a great job cleaning up the paint job they put on the kids MarkII I think it was. I do alot of painting & for him to take the time & do it right without cracking or damaging the visible parts of the gun was pretty telling of his character. I think Vince will be better off being able to do his own thing, he's talented.

18. Dennis845

Dennis845 New Member

I don't know about ya'll but, I don't believe I would send my gun to them for repair and/or modification. What ya'll think about Rich Wyatt (?) of American guns? He seems to be much more professional.

BTW... Will Hayden treats his employees to some nice shoot-em-ups, less Vince of course. IMO he didn't treat Vince fairly and took him for granted and favored that little turd not knowing the gun repair business. JMO

19. Charley

Charley New Member

It's just like all the other so called "Reality" shows. 90% of the show is scripted and then it's cut together for maxium impact with the producer deciding how he wants things to flow. Who's agains't who......who says what to who.......etc........... In this case Vince has actually been gone since last year but the producers just cut those last few shows with scenes of him being slighted and getting pissed to make it look like it had all just happened.

20. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

Check out Gun Stories with Joe Montoya or pretty much anything on the Wednesday Night at the Range lineup. Top Guns isn't bad either. The Military channel has a few good ones as well.