Sons of Guns, what's your opinion?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by indyfan, Sep 7, 2011.

1. indyfan

indyfan New Member

I've been watching Sons of Guns for quite some time now and I'm starting to notice a degrade in both the show quality and show ideas.

It went from doing great episodes which featured suppressing AK-47's integrally to stupid crap like making chrome guns and blowing up ****.

I mean I'm grateful we've got shows like these to introduce firearm knowledge to people who've never held a gun, but some of the people on the show are pretty ignorant. I don't want the World to assume that all firearm owners are retards who duct tape AK-47s together and shoot random crap.

What do you all think of the show? do you even watch it?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  2. wickedins4nity

wickedins4nity New Member

I really enjoyed the first few episodes when they came out...and then they started taking credit on "inventing" things that have already previously been done. He seems to believe he owns the only custom gun shop in the world, and I don't believe that to be the case. I have since stopped watching the show.

3. freefall

freefall New Member

I do not feel that they bring credit to the gun-owning community. Or to put it in plumberese, "I think they're a bunch of swelled-headed butt-plugs".

4. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

at first it was a decent show...now they got these guys choppin and painting and destroying historic firearms, blowing stuff up, actin like retards, and now they're throwing a love story in cuz that one guy wants to ask out the owner's daughter.....

History Channel should make new episodes of "Tales of the Gun." That is all....

5. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

It's ok. The chromed gun was a bit much. (that episode is accually on right now). I did like the suppressed shotgun and the 12ga gatling gun. I didn't like how they modified that desert eagle with a rifle stock. If she can't handle the gun, get a smaller gun or learn how to handle it.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  6. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

It sucks!

I rather watch Larry the Cable Guy's show than watch those bunch of firearm's clowns! :rolleyes:

7. steve666

steve666 New Member

They keep "inventing" stuff that already has a better version out there on the market.
    Twin watercooled M16's - how about an air-cooled M249?
    A 410 zip gun for alligators - how about a Taurus Judge?
    A fold up sub-gun that looks like a radio - how about the Magpul FMG 9, the Ares FMG, or the Goblin?
    A shotgun/Taser - how about Taser shotgun shells?
    And I'm sorry but no matter what you do to the gun the 7.62x39 will never be a 1000 yard cartridge! The 7.62x51 NATO barely is which is why the Army is going to a 7.62x63 (.300 Win Mag) sniper rifle.

8. orangello

orangello New Member

Yup, the love interest is what finally just blew it for me.

9. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

You just reminded me that I need to take it off my DVR schedule.

It was interesting for a little while.

10. Jay

Jay New Member

I think they're simply cowboys, that got a little attention. I have a friend who called 'em to inquire about their 1911, and friend said the lady that answered the phone had to be among the most rude people out there.

I hope I'm not viewed as "like that" by folks who enjoy firearms.

11. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I watched a few minutes and was incredibly underwhelmed. It's got more drama and bullsh!t than I have the patience to watch. I'm a gun aficionado, not a mindless reality fan of stupidity.

12. powg

powg New Member

s.o.g.

At first ,the innovations with suppressed shotguns and ak's were cool ....but i get sick to my stomach when they play kissy- kissy up to the law enforcement est. ...build me a nitro bazooka for my dept bull sh--t . The more I see the militarization of the police ....it pisses me off ....can you say S.S. or Gestapo . 75-90 % of all police ,sheriff ,state trooper are p.o. s. ego filled , one mindset ,sociopaths that couldnt hold a job at Mcdonalds ! They think they are ''untouchable'' .... but even a mindless idiot has to sleep sometime.:cool:

13. Dennis845

Dennis845 New Member

I too wish they would go back to the basics. As the World Turns, One Life to Live and General Hospital is not for me.

14. JonM

JonM Moderator

Need more shows like top shot that portray a positive outlook on firearms rather than the retarded gaptoothed hillybilly idiocy of sons of guns.

15. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

The show was ok for a time but now all they do is blow up things now so I dont watch.

16. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Even Top Shot is crap, they have too much drama for me.

I live in reality, why would I need to watch some cockeyed view of what some TV network suit thinks it is. :rolleyes:

17. glockguy22

glockguy22 New Member

I like the show, in that I like the process of making the guns ad how they fix up guns that r inop. As far as the love story crap and always blowing thing it that is a bit much. If this show came on at the same time as top shot I would watch top shot hands down!!

18. ZombieKiller83

ZombieKiller83 New Member

Let's face it, the mass majority of the dumbed down public does not wanna see a REAL custom gun shop building REAL INNOVATIVE firearms... They want the drama and the flashy B.S. That's why they watch crap like Jersey Shores(i once watched the intro and instantly knew this show was retarded), Jerseylicious and those stupid Housewives shows. I'm sorry but Red Jacket firearms is now a joke to me, have you seen their prices talk about utilizing your tv presence for gouging! Anywho the thing that really killed this show for me was when i watched a clip in which they tried to pull a fast one and failed miserably! They claimed the daughter was shooting a .50 Desert Eagle when you could clearly see she was shooting a Beretta 9mm and merely "dramatizing" the recoil :rolleyes:

19. indyfan

indyfan New Member

Top Show has gotten a bit dramatic and to be the honest some of the shooters on the show are not even that good at shooting.

The only decent reality show that I watch now is Surviving the Cut

20. Buckeyeborn

Buckeyeborn New Member

I find them an embarrassment to gun owners and gunsmiths
    I have not seen one thing I would want to own on that show
    And I have 3 tarus revolvers