"Sons of Guns" show on Discovery

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by DrJason, Jan 1, 2011.

1. DrJason

DrJason New Member

I've been watching the Mythbusters marathon on Discovery Channel today and have noticed a lot of promos for a new show starting later this month called "Sons of Guns" about a custom gun shop, googled it and apparently it's about a shop in Baton Rouge, LA called Red Jacket Firearms.......I'll be curious to catch an episode to see if its any good.

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

with the success of topshot hopefully we will see more firearm friendly programming. i hope this one doesnt suck.

3. freefall

freefall New Member

I believe these are the guys building Tiger McKee's signature version of the AR. They should know what they're doing.

4. DrJason

DrJason New Member

I hear ya, I liked Topshot on History Channel, thought it was very interesting with the various and historical guns and other weapons, some of it was a bit cheesy but overall well done show......I just hope this show doesn't end up making the gun guys look like wacko's or d-bags

5. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

what?! programs on tv that dont show shooters only being homicidal maniacs with mental problems?! liberal blasphemy lol

But in all serious, great to have shows that satisfy my viewing pleasure haha

I used to remember wakin up early every sunday to watch "Tales of the Gun" on the history channel....now all they have are lumberjacks and stupid shows..

6. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

"Tales of the Gun" now plays on History International, along with a lot of other shows that were at one time on the basic History channel. Typically comes on some time between 6 am and 9 am EST, ever really payed too much attention.

Great show though!

7. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

When is this new show supposed to start?

I hope they don't turn it into some Orange County Chopper bull manure.

8. DrJason

DrJason New Member

I believe the 1st episode is on Jan. 26th.......and I totally agree on the OCC comment, it sounds like that show has turned into a soap opera :rolleyes:

9. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I used to enjoy OCC, but after the first season it turned into lameness and stupidity.

10. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Jan 26 is the first show. Looks like it has the possiability of being good. Sp it will more than likely SUCK ASS.

OCC I still watch so I can laugh at them all. Have you ever seen biker build off? How come Paul sr. or Jr. have never been invited to do that? Oh yah because they would get their asses handed to them on a chrome platter with Harley pipes and handle bars.

Voodoo Choppers:Handcrafted Machines

Finchs Custom Styled Cycles

Projects

Kendall Johnson Customs / High Horsepower Engines, Parts and Custom Bikes

That isn't even pulling out the big guns either. Arlen Ness could take OCC's bike and build circles around them. Been doing it longer bigger better and faster than OCC ever will.....