Sons New Gun

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by OandB, Nov 5, 2013.

1. OandB

OandB New Member

So yesterday I bought my step-son his first gun a Remington 870 Express 20 gauge. It is suppose to be a Christmas present but I'm not sure if I can last that long.

2. JW357

JW357 New Member

Cool. Congrats. Excellent to get new shooters involved as much as possible.

3. ccase39

ccase39 New Member

That was my first shot gun. Classic.

4. jonlong

jonlong New Member

I love my 870. My grandfather bought it new in 1962 for $99 at a hardware store and still shoots perfect

5. 304inc

304inc New Member

Try to hold out for Christmas, it'll mean more to the boy. I know what you mean though, hard to tell who was more excited. Though not his first gun, but his first shotgun on his 12th bday. 12 gauge JC Higgins. Fitting since the boys middle name is Gage ( wife wouldn't let me spell it gauge,, )lol

Attached Files:

6. 304inc

304inc New Member

The day he got it,, wouldn't put it up. Held it so long he ended up passing out with it. He does that from time to time. With any of my guns, we have a deal, all he has to do is ask and he can handle any of my guns.anytime (within reason) Takes the mystery out of them, and he's never needed to sneak into em.

ForumRunner_20131106_005741.jpg

No where near any ammo, and safety checked by me ,, then a thousand more times that day by him.lol,, love it.........

7. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Bought the same model for my step-daughter when she was 12. Gave it to her on her birthday, the only birthday better than that one so far was her 16th. Hold out. It'lll be worth it.

Nothing wrong with that. I am the same way either my step-daughter. Since there has never been a mystery when it comes to firearms (she started helping me DCOR long guns at 6, pistols at 8) she has learned safe handling procedures, and has a respect for them, not a fear of them. I trust her with a key to the safe her shotgun and rifle are in, and I do not worry about her having access. I know a lot of adults that I would never trust to that level.

Her mother and I are going to pick up a safe for her this Christmas. A small 8 gun one for now, she can buy a larger one when she outgrows it. Figure we can put it together Christmas Eve night, set it in her room, move her guns into it, and slap a bow on it without waking her. Should be an entertaining morning when she wakes up.