Son of A-ssault Weapon Ban In Realtime!

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by HockaLouis, Dec 25, 2012.

1. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Psst! Hey buddy, com'ere, wanna see somethin'?

Immediately see this very moment's effect of the discussion of an AWBII!

Just click here for a search on Gunbroker under "AR-15" sorted by Time Left, lowest-to-highest, and peek at the bids about to close...

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=ar-15&PageSize=75

To paraphrase Churchill: never was so much paid by so many for so little.

With only minutes to close, at Midnight you'd have witnessed such Christmas miracles as:
    -13 bids skirmishing to win a basic DPMS M-4gery for $1,700.
    -17 bids battling to pay $135 for a Bushmaster Lower Parts Kit.
    -38 bids waging war to pay $865 for 1,000 rounds of Federal XM855CS (common .223 62 gr. penetrator ammo).
    -2 bids to capture five PMags at $42 for each 30-rnd magazine ($210, oh, plus $12 shipping)...

If you know this stuff, it's a great front row seat to observe what you still just won't believe with your own eyes!

It's sick, and getting sicker out there!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  2. bamashooter68

bamashooter68 Member

Unbelievable.... I wouldnt pay those kinds of prices for ammo if I didnt have a single round. Fortunately, I was awake in 2008 when finding ammo and reloading supplies was crazy just like it is now. I have plenty of both. Hell, I even went shooting yesterday with my boy and brother. They love the Eotech 512 on the AR style sporting rifle. So do I. :)

3. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I don't see an ammo ban out there. Don't understand the rush on ammo unless it is just to fuel all the newly purchased rifles.

4. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

My brother in law wad just telling me he was looking at a *nice* dpms. For 1500$. I nearly laughed in his face. Crazy times.

5. Zodiac131911

Zodiac131911 New Member

I started to pick up a AR a couple of months ago, but decided to put it off to tax season. Looks like I messed up by passing on it.

6. mudpupp

mudpupp New Member

Makes me want to sell my DPMS, 10 pmags, eotech, and 2k rounds of ammo and buy a motor home . Lol, this is nuts. Come march there is going to be a mass fire sale.
    Then I am gonna buy at .50 on the $1

7. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

pretty much the same as 1994 all over again. as i read yesterday someone posted, if you didn't already have one, why pay an inflated price now? Hmmm....... because now everyone that's paying the inflated prices feels they are going to be banned and now they want one?

i bought a couple of AR's in the late 80's that i sold during the AWB of 1994 that, one i doubled my money on, and the other i almost tripled my money on. didn't buy another AR until 2009.

8. TNFrank

TNFrank New Member

Perfect time to drop back and punt and buy a good bolt action with a nice scope.

9. delta6

delta6 New Member

Ammo ban no...but certainly a possible ban on ammunition sales through the mail or dealers having to keep a bound book on ammunition sales.

One could speculate that some of these ammo purchases are for folks who are hording a 1000 or so rounds of ammunition for TEOTW and not shooters, so paying double to just get some is not all that crazy.

10. krosskelt

krosskelt New Member

I'm in the same boat 4 weeks ago I sold my body guard 380 so I could start my first ar build. Put off buying parts until after Christmas so I could get it all at once. At least I'm not holding a lower and unable to get/afford the rest. I have a friend that wanted to sell her socom I'm going to see if she is still interested in doing. I'm going to end up paying that much for a crappy ar right now anyway.

11. longunner

longunner New Member

Glad I got my STAG when I did!! Think the price of uppers will go up/is up too?

12. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Doc,

I think you are mostly correct! There is not a dealer in the country that can keep ARs on the shelf no matter what the price. I saw a guy buy a tricked out AR the other day for $2000.00 and then purchased 1000 rounds of ammunition for it before he walked out the door. And the ammunition was not cheap I think he paid around $700 for it but not positive. The past week I have been in four fairly good sized gun shops and stopped at several Walmarts while on the road this past week. The stores or the Walmarts had Zero ARs on the shelf and Zero 223/5.56 or 308 ammunition in any of them.
    The two Walmarts that are in my home town area had 6 AR Rifles in stock the week before last and I stopped by last evening on my way home Zero ARs and Zero Ammunition for the 223/5.56 or 308 rounds the shelves were bare! Most manufacturers are as of today over a year out on delivery even if they have a delivery date. This is far worse than the last ban scare. And then a lot of individuals are gearing up should the SHTF. So there are essentially two situations going on.

13. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Just calm down and wsait it out.

The craziness will die down in a few months.

14. trip

trip New Member

Ammo companies a year out??? Their in business! They will have that line cranked up in no time.

15. rachilders

rachilders New Member

I keep hearing about the current AR rifle shortage but I've not a word about other "black" rifles, like the AK variants, SIGs, HK's and so forth. Seems this would be the time to buy a few since these days AR's are all on six month back order from the suppliers and selling for a major premium!

16. krosskelt

krosskelt New Member

All my lgs are out if most modern rifles. And pistols were fewer than I had seen in awhile.

17. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

China was the "arsenal of democracy" when $200 got you an SKS w/accessories and a 1,200-round case of ammo till Clinton killed that behind the scenes. Basically only deteriorated surplus and new steel-cased Russian ammo was available for a long time (almost a coupla years) after the November 2007 election in any quantity.

We may look back six months from now and remember the 'good old days' when .223 had only 14 bids at $325 for 500 rounds of Wolf .223 with 6 hrs. to go...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  18. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Well I might have to agree with you on that one.

19. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

i just need to get an upper with taxes and im gtg. got my lower a few months back :)

20. rachilders

rachilders New Member

I was checking online prices of guns yesterday. The day before the Newtown shootings I purchased a NIB M&P-15 Sport at a local sporting goods store for $600. They are currently selling on gun sites like Gunbroker and Bud's for a "Purchase Now" price of $1,700-$1,800. Luckily, I have two of them along with a few other military style rifles I purchased - for once - when the asking prices were still below MSRP. There was a gun show here last month and there will be another the first weekend in January. I'm curious to see what the markup will be on anything that's even remotely associated with "assault" style weapons and if it will have a trickle down effect on other products. :eek:

Personally, I believe many (most?) of the rifles purchased in the past 10 days or so were by speculators hoping the price will run up due to panic buying and they're simply trying to cash in. Even my S&W 15-22 is now almost impossible to find, has gone from $400 to $600 and it's a .22! I can only imagine what increases we'll see if any sort of AWB is ever really enacted. I'd also like to know why all the military caliber rifle ammo is flying off the shelves? Is this becoming another one of those manufactured shortages caused by the few who want to cash in at the expense of everyone else? I suppose it's like a certain presidential adviser said before he recently became Mayor of Chicago, "you never want a serious crisis to go to waste". :mad:

Still, I can't really say I blame the people taking advantage of the situation since we all know the next crisis is always just around the corner and we should have been prepared by stocking our supplies and equipment long before now. :(

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012