Sometimes good things do happen to people

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by opaww, Sep 6, 2008.

1. opaww

opaww New Member

I was worried for the last few months about getting a dreaded assault weapons, possible a good CAR-15, Cetme, or AK-47, before the election comes around. Sense I believe that obama/bidem if elected will ban them and having little to no money it makes it hard to get one by that time frame.

2 days ago my mother who is living with me now sent me over to get $20 in scratch off lottery tickets. I scratched them and got about $8 back so I went to cash them in yesterday and instead of getting the money I got 5 more lottery ticks brought them home and scratched them off and won $19. I had to go to the store for milk so I cashed them and added a $ and got 10 scratch off BINGO tickets.

Scratching them off the first two were no wins, then I got 2 $2 wins on the next two, the 5th one was a no win so I started in on the 6th one and lo and behold I hit for $15,000. Now my son and I will be able to get the Assault Rifles we want. Monday my son and I will go pick up the winnings, come back and deposit it, then head to the range where we will buy the guns.

Sometimes good things do happen to people

opaww

2. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

+10 for you!. I have never been so LUCKY!

3. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Congratulations man, what range do you go to? Knob Creek?

4. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

WOW - That's great! Those winnings should make you more than even for your entire life's worth of Lottery purchases!

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Awesome news opaww - I know times have been a bit tight for you and yours for awhile now. This has to help relieve some stress under your roof I am sure.

Congratulations on the winnings and please post pics of your new additions when you get them. :D

JD

6. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Great news! I'm personally concerned about rioting when Obama loses.

7. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Just aim for the boom box...

8. opaww

opaww New Member

Yes I use Knob Creek range when we can aford to.

Thanks all this helps pay bills and get my son and I something in a Black rifle. May not can do much else but we can at least look at them all the time

9. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

I'm thinking just as much about the human refuse that showed up at the RNC and were attacking the LEO's. Of course, this is the Right Coast and we don't have many hippies here, but you never know.

10. junho806

junho806 New Member

wow congrats on your lucky streak!
    you mind giving me some of that luck?
    :D

11. BigO01

BigO01 New Member

Man that's so cool !!

Congrads opaww enjoy the windfall !!

O and a word to the wise take a look at your projected yearly income and tax debt for it and make sure before they cut you a check they hold out enough in taxes both Federal and State that you are sure you'll get money back and not find out you owe them bloodsuckers at the IRS .

We are almost at the end of the year .

12. opaww

opaww New Member

I have no income and have had none for the last 4 years, so any moneys payed out in taxes I should break even or get a little back. They hold out the tax before I get the moneys so I am cool with that.

I just want my dreaded black gun. Which I will get as soon as the money is in hand which should be Monday. Then the next day I go buy one of the Black Guns I want. After I get it I will try and post some pics of them.

13. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

That is super cool, indeed! You will have to pay taxes on those winnings, so you really got about $8k to $9k in winnings. I think I'd donate a grand to a charity, buy two grand in firearms and ammo, let the wife use a grand for whatever she wants/needs, then pay bills with the rest.

14. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

The cool thing is you'll get a nice tax return, if you don't have any income. A good chunk of that money they hold from the winnings should come back to you next spring...