Something to think about

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by winds-of-change, Jun 22, 2013.

1. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I have heard this before but here it is confirmed. No one every lies on their deathbed and says, "I wish I spent more time at the office." I live a pretty simple life and I don't fret over things I can't control. I don't fuss over my house (though maybe I should fuss a little more than I do) and I try to ignore the negative people and thoroughly enjoy the good people in my life.

If you had to evaluate your life up until now, how would you feel about how you've lived your life so far?

I have several regrets over my single parent/child raising years. But there's not much I can do about it now. I have apologized to my children for the times I lost my temper due to stress. Honestly, I don't feel I was always a good parent but I sure did try my hardest and did what I thought was right at that time. Hindsight is 20/20, isn't it? :( I am a very different person now than I was several years ago. And I like myself better now. :eek:

Here is a good read. Take notes.........

http://www.inspirationandchai.com/Regrets-of-the-Dying.html

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Kids, no matter what, make sure they understand that they are loved.

3. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Well , I wish I could of taught my son more..! Don't get me wrong , he's one hell of a man..! I never made him do things he had no interests in..! He's his own thinker with an open minded ness that make's me beam with pride..!

That would be my biggest regret , the adventurous spirit I lay upon him..! I miss him dearly..! We do contact each other seval times a week via "Face. Book and phone" but not in the flesh..! :)

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Dan, I tell them all the time.

But this thread is more than just about our children. It's about how we are living our lives and what we are getting out of life and giving to those around us.

5. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

No fare Winds..! Up until three or so months ago , I'd had a plan from day one I got married..! Things happen and at 61 , well , I don,t have a clue..! :confused:

Ask me again in six months or so..! :confused:

6. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Here is the secret to changing your past!

Change what you do and how you think today!!

Tomorrow you can look back on your past and know you started living your life the way you want to and mean to!!!

It may sound trivial, let me assure that it is not.

You can live the life you want to, you can make a difference, your life can have meaning.....starting today!!

What a wonderful way to live the rest of your life!

7. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

Some very wise words there eaymydust!