Something New Coming Soon...

Discussion in 'Mini-14 Forum' started by KMO, Nov 23, 2010.

1. KMO

KMO New Member

I know there isn't a tremendous number of Mini-14 owners on this forum, but I wanted to share with you guys that my Mo-Rod partner and I are working on a new product for the Mini-14 that should be very cool. No one is selling anything quite like it right now, so we're pretty excited about the concept we've developed. We're too late for Christmas sales, but we should have some prototypes out shortly after the holidays. So why mention it here? Well, we'll cut some special deals to friends here on this forum. Stand by men...:cool:

2. Badshot320

Badshot320 New Member

mini 14

I have an old school mini 14 and have been drooling over the newer ranch rifles and such. I m very interested in anything Ruger has to show.

Badshot

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I love my Mini. ;)

4. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

The quality of your products and service are first class. Whatever the new item is, I'm sure it will be a fine product priced right for the Mini market.

I want one, can't wait to see what it is! ;)

5. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

What, no hints ??

Jim........

6. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

C'mon :( everyone hates a tease....

7. Lupo

Lupo New Member

Id like to see a bullpup version that is MUCH better than the one currently on the market!

8. KMO

KMO New Member

Well, it's more than a muzzle brake...How's that for a hint?

Here's what happened...A guy recently emailed me and asked for some advice about how to market his new rifle accessory online. I was happy to help, and gave him a few tips. Next thing I know, he's got a very close cousin to my Mo-Rod for sale in addition to that first product of his. I really don't mind direct competition, but why come directly to me for advice when his motive is to cut into my sales with a copycat product? So, feeling burned, to the drawing board we have gone, and our product should come out vastly superior to product #1 of this guy's. My machinist partner is pretty excited about offering some new trendy metal finishes for it as well. All's fair in a capitalistic economy, right?

I first started the Mo-Rod with a few prototypes that went out to some buddies over on the PerfectUnion. Snakedriver here on this forum had one of my early models (which we recently upgraded for him). Anyway, our new accessory looks great on the computer monitor. I just hope we can effectively translate it over to the CNC machine & pop out something cool...;)

9. BudW

BudW New Member

I just brought home a mini14 ati stock tonight,YAHOO!!!

10. rifleman55

rifleman55 New Member

Your worse than a wonan with your teasing :p;)

But I'm sure we all understand your reasons for not letting the cat out of the bad before the product is ready.

John K

11. KMO

KMO New Member

We're getting close with our aluminum prototype. We won't offer the final hooded front sight/muzzle brake in aluminum, of course, but it's cheaper & easier on the CNC machine to use aluminum for the first prototype. We'll mount it on a traditional-barrel Mini-14 & see how it fits & functions. If all goes well, we'll follow up with a few out of stainless steel. We're using a 196-series blue Mini-14 to begin our testing, so I'll use the same KG Gun Kote baked on satin black finish I use for Mo-Rods. We'll get some photos along the way. I think this will be popular, but I have no idea yet what the unit costs will be. More to come...;)

12. KMO

KMO New Member

Prototype testing tomorrow..12/11...This first one is only aluminum, but it sure looks cool so far...;)

13. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

Pictirs!!!!! :D

14. DocWard

DocWard New Member

What he said... I think!

15. KMO

KMO New Member

Grim Reaper Passes Tests

Well, we took our new product, the "Grim Reaper," out for a test today. As stated, this prototype was machined out of a solid block of aluminum. It surpassed our expectations to the point that we are now thinking of staying with aluminum. As you can see from the pics below, it's a sturdy accessory...
    (Don't sweat the rubber band...a temporary cross pin holder...:cool:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Looks great, what kind of price range you looking at on this? How easy is it to install?

17. KMO

KMO New Member

Don't know what we'll ask yet...The first one always takes longer, so we'll make a few more & see what the realistic hours are for production. I'll let you know as soon as we figure it out...;)

Oh, as for installation, we designed it to use the same roll pin and barrel groove that the factory front sight uses. There is also a set screw on the bottom side.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  18. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

KMO,
    Looks good, although I would not use aluminum for the final product. The aluminum will not survive long term use with the pressures involved in the brake. Been there, done that with prorotype brakes.

Jim..............

19. KMO

KMO New Member

I trust your opinion on this Jim...I'll PM you with some specs about this & you can give me your opinion on the metals issue. Thanks...;)

20. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

Sounds good to me.

Jim........