Something like an Eotech!

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by synical, Dec 30, 2011.

1. synical

synical New Member

Hey does anyone know if there is a decent holographic sight out there that is like an eotech but not 500-600 bucks. I dont want to drop a small fortune!

2. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Eotechs can be had for $400 and under for the older models now. The only ones in that price range are the night vision compatible models. I've seen used models go for $300 to $350.

To my knowledge, they are the only true "holographic" sights available. If you are looking for a quality RDS $400-600 is what you will pay for the top tier RDSs.

What is your price point?

3. synical

synical New Member

well I really dont have a price point I was just trying to avoid 5-600 bucks but I have seen some on ebay that are new for 300-350 so I guess that is a good deal!

4. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

synical,

Check here on the Forum in the Classified section! For EOTechs. If you want a good EOTech for the money and do not need a NV Compatible Unit.
    Look at the Model 512 for the money it is hard to beat.

5. synical

synical New Member

ok thanks sniper

6. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Keep an eye out for group buys too, I believe I've seen the XPS2 go for $350 (?) new......

7. dmp

dmp New Member

I was selling min EOTech 511 for less than $300 :) Deals can be found.

8. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

If you are looking at the $100 range, I have a Primary Arms M4 clone that had worked out pretty well. Its got multiple types of reticule and has stood the abuse or a couple high round carbine classes. I think they go for about $90 not including shipping. It is heavy and beefy, feels as though it will take a good about of physical abuse. (tho I haven't dropped it yet) It does have a circle dot reticle, as well as a simple dot and crosshairs.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  9. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I've been looking for a used EoTech and have found a few XPS's for the $300-$350 range. I've been using an XPS on my LWRC for a few years now and have been happy.

You can get a Primary Arms micro dot for $100.

I'm a fan of Micro RDS.

10. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

Do you think primary arms sights would hold up to AK recoil? I've seen they have package deals for their sights And AK rear sight leaf mounts.

11. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Definitely
    [​IMG]

12. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

Sweet setup,yours? Looks like a arsenal but I don't recall them putting ace stocks on their conversions. I converted my saiga myself,same ace stock on mine,with Galil style forend.

Looks like the saiga may be getting a late Christmas present lol. Hows the co-witness?

13. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Just a Draco w/ a perm.

I did a .308 Saiga FCG conversion a couple years ago. Saigas are nice.

14. synical

synical New Member

well see I have a NC Star 3-9x scope on my AR-15 now and it has a red dot on top of it. And yes I know NC Star is not the best but the scope does hold zero well. However after putting much thought into the Chinese invasion soon to come lol I know for practical purposes I really need a CQB weapon. So hince the Eotech. I really like the 512 but my whole thing is how much will I use it? And I know if it protects me once it paid for itself multiple times but i like the circular reticle with the dot.

15. synical

synical New Member

This is my AR-15 with the NC Star!

Attached Files: