Firearms Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a CZ 75BD I bought from a gunshop, after a hellish week long wait. I took it to the range and fired a couple of boxes worth of ammo without any issues.

It's accurate, it fits my hand like a glove and I love how it looks. However, the decocking lever doesn't work. I press it and nothing happens. Is this a common problem?

I'm not experienced with semiautos, so it might very well be something simple that I haven't figured out yet.

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
This could be construed as a stupid question, but as I am not there, I am going to ask anyways. When the hammer is back, and you depress the decocking lever, 1) Is there any resistance? 2) Does it affect the hammer position at all?

JD

·
Registered
578 Posts
Could it be you're not depressing the decocking lever enough to drop the hammer ?

I've seen guns that will have a certain amount of free travel and then it takes a fair amount of pressure to actually drop the hammer because you must first rotate a piece of blocking metal up into position to block the hammer .

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could it be you're not depressing the decocking lever enough to drop the hammer ?

I've seen guns that will have a certain amount of free travel and then it takes a fair amount of pressure to actually drop the hammer because you must first rotate a piece of blocking metal up into position to block the hammer .
You're right on BigO01! While cleaning the gun I tried the decocking lever again and it just needed a different kind of push than my Beretta 96.

I'm glad it was just a mistake on my part.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts