Something I found, how true would you say this is?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Iam99x, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Iam99x

Iam99x New Member

Again, I'm new at firearms. I'm here to learn, not to be bashed or whatever. I was searching around for some pistol shooting tips and such, and ran across this:

http://home.earthlink.net/~potomac008/Pistol%20Wheel.htm

No idea whether or not to follow it. So, I'm asking you guys for your feedback.

2. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

Excellent tips for a newbie.

3. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

Hey you won't get "bashed" here, not that type of forum. Guys may argue, but its usually pretty benign so dont be afraid to throw something out here.

4. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

Read everything you can get ahold of, then attend a good shooting/ instructional course. Shooting instruction courses are WELL worth the money as certified instructors are teaching correct methods, if you just get somebody to show you to shoot, you MAY very well be taught bad or incorrect habits. After that, practice often and make SURE to keep correct form. DON'T even THINK about shooting without hearing/eye protection because if you shoot without it, it WILL ruin your hearing and make you flinch. Always use proper form/grip, trigger control, care of firearm, and sight alignment and you'll do fine. Shooting instructional DVDs will help too.

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Most of us have it memorized, but I keep a copy in my range bag. If asked "what am I doing wrong" while at the range I hand the hit analyzer to them and say this will help.

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Yep. For a RH shooter that is spot on "accurate". Keep in mind that you have to reverse it if you are LH. :D

JD

7. Iam99x

Iam99x New Member

:D

Oh, yeah man. I've been reading it all. Grip, stance, practicing with your "weak hand", protection... Everything. Thanks for reminding me again, though!

Haha, cool. I have that saved. :)

Yeah, It says that on the page somewhere. Great info now that I know it's accurate.

8. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

The chart is good general info.

*Double plus good info from Stalking Bear. Get professional training before you develop bad habits. Avoid learning from your neighbor's second cousin Bubba, who used to be a corrections officer. Bad habits can be difficult to un-learn.

* "1984 Newspeak" lingo.