Something Followed me home

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by JonM, Apr 8, 2011.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

well i went shopping today and i re-joined the M1A club. a springfield armory M1A loaded jumped into my hands and pleaded to come home with me.

my previous M1 was a norinco that i bought back in the mid 90's.

NIB

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the wood stock is a little rough to the touch. needs a good rub with some linseed oil.

[​IMG]

i LIKE "NOT LEGAL IN COMMIEFORNIA"!!!

[​IMG]

the two stage military trigger is super crisp, everything is very tightly fitted and very well put together. barrel and most critical parts are "NM" marked.

cant wait to try it out on the range tomorrow. so yes im now a M1A guy too *sigh* i hope i never break down and buy a glock!!

2. fireguy

fireguy New Member

Nice catch! I was really wanting one of those and got a .308 AR instead.
    Still want a M1.

3. Troy Michalik

Troy Michalik Is it Friday yet? Supporter

Welcome to the club Jon. You'll love it so much more than the Norinco you used to have.

4. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Nice.

Green with envy here.

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

While not for me, it sure is a nice piece you found for yourself brother.

Let's see what she can do at the range!! :D

JD

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

im going tomorrow got some home made match grade 168hpbt 2700fps ready to go. my remington 700 shoots .5 moa to 300yards with this. its open sights less i can find a old scope mount i got floating around but i cant seem to locate it.

thanks. i considered a AR in 308 but proprietary parts with no real good source has kept that at bay for me. weight is the same with the M1A altho price is higher i decided on the M1.

there was also a real nice colt SAA NIB 5.5 barrel the M1 came home. i may go back for the colt once i rebuild my toy money reserve.

i just need a bayonet lugged flash hider now :/

7. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

omygah...

[​IMG]

Someday...

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations!

Insanely jealous. :p

9. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Congratulations!! I've been wanting to add one of these battle rifles to my collection for some time and reienforced that when I shot mrm14's M1A when I was in Sacramento!

10. Millerlite

Millerlite New Member

Contests...looks like a sweet addition to your collection. I'd love to shoot one

11. Millerlite

Millerlite New Member

Damn spl check - congrats!!

12. JonM

JonM Moderator

im going texas way in november for about 2weeks. annual deer hunt and visit with my family. they live bout 60miles from san antonio.

no worries spell check dont work for sht for me. i would rather mispell than make sentences that use the wrong words.

13. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

wow I really wish something like that just fallowed me home lol, really nice gun.

14. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

Woot woot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great acquisition, you will love that rifle!

Another M1A owner on the FTF! So we get our own M1A/M-14 section under "Auto & Semi" next week?

Congratulations again Jon!

15. laynejc

laynejc New Member

I have one I will not be using. send me a pm if interested

CONGRATS! anxiously awaiting the range report

16. JonM

JonM Moderator

the scope mount showed up in the mail today. its from bassett and seems to line up pretty nicely. soon as the weather clears up a bit its a range trip. sunday is supposed to be a decent day.

[​IMG]

scope is a leupold mk4 m1 4.5x15 mildot.

[​IMG]

17. AusLach

AusLach New Member

Looks amazing Jon. Is that a see-thru mount? I'm guessing that if you had lower scope rings you wouldn't be able to use the open sights???

Very nice looking setup, you have no idea how jealous I am of you guys! :eek:

18. JonM

JonM Moderator

ya its the higher version so i can use the open sights with it. still need to set eye relief tomorrow and level it. hopefully try it out sunday. it could use lower rings but the ones on it now are from my rem700 which got sold today.

you could always join us and worship at the feet of the new messiah we got in the white house....

19. AusLach

AusLach New Member

I'm working towards it some day, don't worry!

20. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter