Someone Offered a Glock 27

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by BigByrd47119, Jan 23, 2011.

1. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Hello Fellas!

So a co-worker of mine who works at a area sheriffs dept. just offered to sell me his lightly used Glock 27 for $500.

My question to you is what kind of a deal am I getting?

He states its been taken to the range 3 or 4 times (unknown round count). Along with the Glock he is throwing in 3 50rnd boxes of Ranger 180 gr, a Uncle Mikes ankle holster, a Uncle Mikes OWB holster and a leather OWB holster that I cant recall the maker of at this time.

All in all I feel like its a decent deal. My feelings aside I really don't know what I should pay for it.

Any thoughts?

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Not sure where you're located but it wouldn't be a great deal in my neck of the woods. The last little Glock I picked up, a 26, I think I paid right at $400 for it with 3 mags, holster and 2 boxes of ammo. Little .40s are not fun range guns either...

3. utf59

utf59 New Member

As stated above, it depends on your area. If there's a local/regional gun forum for your area with a buy/sell/trade section, look through that, and you'll get a good idea.

In my neck of the woods (northeast Florida) Glocks in 9mm and .40 go for a little under $500 new with basic sights. Boxes of Ranger defense ammo were $35 the last time I bought one. Holsters are very personal and only add value if you have use for them. For me — personally — there is no ankle holster that has any value because I won't carry there.

For my area, for a gun like that, it's not a bad deal. It's at the new gun price, but you won't be paying sales tax or a transfer fee, and the ammo, if nothing else, adds some value, especially if it's the self-defense kind.

4. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Thanks for the replies.

Vance Shooter Supply (the largest gun store in the Columbus, Ohio area) is selling new glocks starting at $500 w/a total of two mags. $399.99 for LEO's.

The Uncle Mikes ankle holster is a holster I know I will use. Owning a Kel-Tec P-11 I currently use the exact same size/brand holster as the one that comes with the Glock.

5. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Here I can get a brand new Glock 27 for that.

6. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

My used G27 was $280.:eek:

7. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Thanks for rubbing it in!

Ill give ya $250 for it?:rolleyes:

8. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

To late, traded it for an SR9.:p

9. indyfan

indyfan New Member

Glocks shouldn't go for 500 used

If it was me and its not me, but if it was, I'd offer him 450.00, also it seems like the Ranger ammo he's offering up is issued from his Dept

My friend who works for the County Sheriff has more .40 ammo than he can even count, they pass that stuff out like hot butter on french toast

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  10. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

There's a used 23 Gen3 here for $350 that hasn't sold yet.

11. Fatso

Fatso New Member

The gun itself should be less. I paid $499 for mine brand new. The ammo, holster, and other stuff with it is really personal preference stuff and shouldn't be considered in the price. IMO

12. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Well, I guess I'll be the one to go against the grain a bit here. I'm neither a Glock owner nor a Glock fan. But if you like the gun, it's a fair deal based on what I commonly see.

Like-new Glocks often bring $450-500 on the local trading board in my neck of the woods. The Rangers I assume are JHP defense ammo, and three boxes is worth about $100. The Uncle Mikes holsters are junk when it comes to carry (and this is a carry gun), the leather one might be worth a few bucks.

Considering at least $100 worth extras are included, $500 sounds like a fair price to me.

13. Bighead

Bighead New Member

I think it's an ok deal

I might have missed it, but does the gun have night sights? I would add at $50-$60 value for quality night sights.

LEO pricing from Glock has that gun at $428 without night sights. Reasonably priced new Glock 27 pistols for civilian users ranges from $450-$550, without night sights.

With the holsters (if you like them) and the ammo, I think this is a fair deal. I might say its a slightly better deal for the seller, since $500 would be my absolute ceiling on this deal, but still a fair deal.