Someone help!

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by TooStrongTerry, Apr 17, 2012.

1. TooStrongTerry

TooStrongTerry New Member

I can't decide on a kel-tec sub 2k or a Henry action 22lr....I know....big difference...
    I put $150 on the sub 2k but I really want a lever action rifle (specifically a 38/357 but out of price range for now)
    Specific uses....PLINKING, backpacking, small game(can't use the sub 2k in my county for small game), etc...
    Idk...any advice?

@TooStrongTerry

2. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

seems to me you've 2 reasons right there for the Henry :rolleyes:

3. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Those Henry rifles are freakin' sweet. I'd go with that one. Plus, you can get 500 rounds of plinking ammo for the price of 50 rounds for the Kel-Tec

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  4. TooStrongTerry

Yeah...I forgot to HD to my list...answers still the same?

@TooStrongTerry

5. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I'd say neither in that case. A handgun will be much more maneuverable than a handgun with a stock and a 16 inch barrel. Buy the .22 and a hi-point .45 .:rolleyes:

6. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

You know where to get a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 9mm? Lucky man! As they are quite hard to find new.

7. gr8wapiti

gr8wapiti New Member

That Henry kicks ass, love to plink with those. For a sidearms in the woods I don't carry anything smaller than a .357, ya never know if your gonna need firepower.

8. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Another vote for the Henry, a good looking rifle that's

accurate, easy, eats most 22LR and small 22 ammo,

dependable, and most important for me,

fun for the whole family.

9. TooStrongTerry

I live in NY a handgun is out of the question for me....

@TooStrongTerry

10. TooStrongTerry

Yeah they had ONE at my local range...that's why I'm not sure I should pass up the opportunity...

@TooStrongTerry

11. TooStrongTerry

And I guess for HD my weapon would be my AK but I was gonna leave a 9mm clip loaded at all times hidden... but id feel weird doin that with my ak...lol idk

@TooStrongTerry

12. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

I wouldn't want a lever action .22 for HD, the AK would be better but theres the issue of over penetrating. My go to HD is either my .40 cal handgun or sawed off 870. Depending where I'm at in the house. Prefer to get the shotty though. But that's just my opinion, I'm no expert.

13. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

For HD - neither. Get a pump or semi auto shotgun - Mossberg, Remington, Beretta, FN, Benelli - can't go wrong with any of them

14. TooStrongTerry

I have a Mossburg with a 28 inch barrel. Id poke em in the eye with it before I get a shot off its so long

@TooStrongTerry

15. TooStrongTerry

Reading some reviews....I hear the henry is cheaply made...any opinions on that?

@TooStrongTerry

16. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

You can get shorter barrels ;)

17. TooStrongTerry

I know lol but idk...they issue 9mm to police officers why couldn't I use it for a small rifle for HD?

@TooStrongTerry

18. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Moving to a state which allows you to have a handgun

isn't out of the question. Hit NY where it hurts, the wallet...

19. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

No reason you can't. If your really interested in a pistol caliber carbine why not look at the Beretta Cx4 Storm - http://www.berettausa.com/products/cx4-storm/. Another option is to look at the different AR's in pistol caliber such as RRA - http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=236

One option, though it's probably a long shot in NY, is to get yourself a pistol cailber AR in an SBR configuration. But before going down that road i would heavily research the possibility of it first.

Or, move out of NY :D

20. TooStrongTerry

I got the Henry ...apparently most stores wont sell me ammo for the 9mm...and I saved $100!

I am leaving ny asap.

#GeorgiaBound

@TooStrongTerry