some of u can identify this, others are only dreamers ;)

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by purehavoc, Nov 13, 2012.

1. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

This ones for u agent tikki ;) hoping to have #3 in about 6 months the lower went out today for engraving

Attached Files:

2. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

What length are you doing?

3. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

So far 7.5" , 10.5" and soon to be 12.5" .300 blk ;)

4. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Congrats!!!

Don't forget the pics. :D

5. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Sweet mother of gawd. They make $200 bills? Man they must be worth a fortune.

I kid.

T_T

someday I will know the sweetness of...FREEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

Till then I will live on the pron of other. MORE PICTURES PLEAAASSSSE.

6. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Just looking at the ballistics tho... how about a 9" 300 bo" and a 12" 5.56 like a colt commander.....

Do you have to have the caliber and barrel length specific to the lower with an SBR?

7. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I will tell u Illinois does not make it easy. My first $200 stamp turned into a $325 stamp when it was all said and done due to the sh!t rules of IL.

8. X-mark

X-mark New Member

I recently submitted an order to Noveske, which included a 12.5" Switchblocked upper and NSR Handguard. should I add one more of those;)

Enjoy your stamp collection!

9. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Have fun and enjoy!! Mine will be back this week or next week hopefully.

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

I believe you list the initial configuration in the paperwork then assemble it as such once then your free to put whatever you want on it. But you dont have to engrave the lower with barrel length or caliber. Of course mileage varies state to state

11. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Jons pretty much right caliber doesn't matter once its done but u can't go any shorter barrel lenght than what u applied for. So applying as a 12.5" barrel and putting on a 7.5" is a no no . 7.5" on tax forms is good for anything over that

12. ZeusEcho

ZeusEcho Member Lifetime Supporter

Pure...Congrats on expanding the stamp collection! Can't wait to see pics of your 300 blk. :)

Where do you send your lowers for engraving?

I'm heading over to my Lawyer's now to execute my trust and begin my stamp collection journey as well.

First will be an 8.5" SBR 300blk...then a can for said SBR :D

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  13. ZeusEcho

ZeusEcho Member Lifetime Supporter

Just to make sure I have this right- if you put 7.5" on the tax form you need to have a 7.5" barrel (upper) available for assembly right, because anything other than that is considered temporary?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  14. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I have mine done locally at a engraving shop, They do a damn good job Ijust have to use aluma black to cover them with when I get them back , They charge $30 each and Its usually same day to next day turn around for me depending on how busy they are . I will post up a pic today

15. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

I hate you all. T_T

16. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

6 months is pretty quick approval for our bureaucratic system, you can't expect a government worker to do anything In a timely or a cost effective manner.