Some new Px4 parts arrived.

Discussion in 'Beretta Forum' started by SSGN_Doc, May 8, 2020.

1. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Langdon Tactical Technologies, Trigger Job in a Bag, and Optimized Trigger bar, arrived in the mail today.

Probably install them tomorrow after work.

[​IMG]

towboater likes this.
  2. SSGN_Doc

What you get in a LTT TJIB with Optimized trigger bar.

Beretta Competition trigger group, which features hard chrome plating to reduce friction. It also utilizes a 92 series hammer.

[​IMG]

Sear engagement surfaces have been squared up by stoning as well as reduced a bit to reduce creep, and provide a more crisp let off.

[​IMG]

Hammer/sear engagement surfaces have also been stone polished, trued up and friction surfaces polished.

[​IMG]

Optimized trigger bar is visibly a bit beefier. NP3 Coated to reduce friction and decrease wear. Material forward of the trigger cam reduces over travel. Rear geometry reduces reset.

[​IMG]

After installation I recorded the following changes in trigger travel:
    0.076 reduction in take-up.
    0.092 reduction in over travel
    0.101 reduction in reset

I stayed with the same weight hammer spring, (#12), and can not detect much difference in pull weight (don’t have a trigger Guage). My stock hammer/sear have about 3,300 rounds and I can say, this is smoother, more crisp, and feels more “precise”. As you can see from the pics. Even after a few thousand rounds the hammer/sear engagement surfaces look less evenly worn in, not as well squared or trued up, and not even really “self burnished” together.

towboater likes this.

3. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Let us know how it goes when firing it. Worth the cost.

SSGN_Doc likes this.
  4. SSGN_Doc

Will do. It is indeed a bit pricey. I’m hoping to increase the value of the purchase, by using this trigger group to polish and stone up my stock trigger group and transplant it into my other Px4. Then all I would need to buy is the optimized trigger bar for the second.

I already know I like the improvement in DA trigger smoothness as well as the improvement in how crisp the let off is. The reduction in overtravel is something I can feel, but not sure how it will show up on paper. The reset is about half of what it was, but not so short that I fear unintended doubles.

I do think the overall feel tells me the hand stoning/sear/and hammer work are evident and there was some good thought and engineering put into the new trigger bar.

towboater likes this.
  5. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

I was considering doing my P07. But it looks like a tough job.
    I did fabricate a spring and a plunger that presses the hand forward on my SAA today. I couldn't find one for my American Western Arms, Dakota.

6. SSGN_Doc

Nice thing about the Px4 is that the trigger housing pretty much just requires removal of two pins. Lift out, remove the trigger bar, then reverse the process.

towboater likes this.
  7. SSGN_Doc

First 5 shots in over two months. Been a couple weeks since I put the Trigger Job in a Bag (TJIB) in my Px4 compact. Finally just went out on a logging road and popped off a few rounds into an index card at 25 feet.
    Not an official shooting spot it’s what I consider a “use it sparingly spot,” like others seem to do.

TJIB and optimized performance trigger bar: I like it, so far. The low flyer is DA (outa practice). Not a full and proper evaluation, but it looks promising.

[​IMG]