Some garbage shooting

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by EMTchad, Sep 5, 2011.

1. EMTchad

EMTchad New Member

I shot with my dad today. He likes to put the target at 15 yards without even zoning in. I told him I need to start close and then well shoot far once I zero out. He frustrated me so much and I stopped shooting after about 40
    Rounds or so. My shots were HORRIBLE and disgusting, also I could not get my usual focus with two eyes open. I am pissed.. Sorry guys i didn't know where else to vent about shooting and guns.

2. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

Well just chalk it up as a bad at the range. It happens.
    Could be worse, you could be having a good day at work like me.

3. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

its never any fun being mad. but how can you go to the range and be mad? ive considered every range day a great day even if i only am watching and helping. just being around firearms makes me smile... oh and btw. if you cant pull off a shot from random distances. perhaps thats something to be incorperated in your future practice?? i mean how many times will the bad guy always be at a certain distance waiting for you to find your zero?

4. EMTchad

EMTchad New Member

It's just that I have my own order of shooting so I can shoot well at far distance, but my dad only knowing how to hold a gun likes to mess around with me as a dad. So it gets frustrating when I take it very serious. And then I get frustrated. It was a garbage day of shooting.

5. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

improvise - overcome - adapt

Enjoy your time with Dad because Dad's aren't around forever.

6. fmj

fmj New Member

is all i have to say to this

7. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

15 yards isn't distance at all.

Honestly sounds like you need more practice. Become one with your gun and stuff.

Don't let things you cannot control rule your life.

8. EMTchad

EMTchad New Member

Your right about spending time with dad. And 15 yards is a distance for someone who only shoots once a week and new to pistols.

9. EMTchad

EMTchad New Member

all in all I sucked today hard lol, I mean I surprised myself on how bad my shooting was. It was just a bad day. Hopefully I will have a better range day next week!

10. armoredman

armoredman Member

I'd give a lot to have one day at the range with either my father or my stepfather. Both are on the other side now.

11. EMTchad

EMTchad New Member

Damn sorry to hear that. I was talking out of my butt earlier without thinking. I was joking around with him when we were driving back home telling him he took my shooting skills with his powers or he messed with my adjustable trigger so we both had a chuckle for his sake. But deep inside i was dissapointed in my shot

12. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

This.

Thumbs up.

13. EMTchad

EMTchad New Member

Man u old timers made me think all day and I feel sad now. I will learn to always cherish any activities I do with my dad from now on. No matter even if it bothers me.

14. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Don't be sad, just appreciate the time you get to spend together.

My brother was only fifty one when he died over twenty three years ago. I truly miss the time we didn't have.

My Dad and Mom have been gone for more than twenty years ago. Nothing hits you like when your parents die.

15. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I never had a father teach me how to shoot, ive never seen my dad,wouldnt know him if i was standing in front of him. Dont know y a person wouldnt want to b there for there kids, but i had an older neighbor tht stood in and taught me how to shoot and safely handler a firearm. I have an 8 year old son and a 15 month old little girl. Ive already started teaching my son the joys and dangers of firearms

16. EMTchad

EMTchad New Member

Yeah... I can understand that but not in a way you do.. My dad is never home and I taught myself how to do Alot of things including handling firearms. My dads 51 and I'm 23. Hope it's a long one for him.